• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How do you know if a lake is ok to hunt on?

I am far from a expert on the question, and personally tend to error way on the side of caution.

I think if the lake has a public access, you are not in a city or township where a firearms discharge rule applies, and you are x amount of distance from any building lakeshore homes whatever you are ok.

I am not sure on the distance from buildings that you would have to look up. I would guess but am I not 100% and don't want to give people the wrong info.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Out of the city limits and 500 ft or more away from livestock or houses and you're good to go. Common sense also needs to be used as far as fishing pressure, etc.

Anyone else??

Like superfish said, It depends on the city. Some cities you can hunt in as long as you are far enough away from stuff. I could be wrong, but someone told me you could still hunt in Lino Lakes city limits for waterfowl. I also know of a few others.

Ole, if you are inquiring as to hunting Rice Lake in Otsego, read my post on your thread asking about the Otsego WMA. No can do, city ordinance states it is illegal to hunt/discharge firearms in the eastern part of the city.

[This message has been edited by Huskiedevle (edited 10-07-2004).]

Huskiedevle,

I was not asking about rice lake, that's why there are two different posts, they are two different questions. Can a guy not have questions?

Thank you everyone else.

Ole

Tom-
I think you are still right about Lino Lakes. Grandpa's brother owns & operates Surfside Seaplane Base in Lino, and if I'm not mistaken, it is on Rice Lake (different Rice Lake this time). As long as I've known, there has always been waterfowling out there. How good? Not sure... I haven't made it out there myself yet.

The best way to avoid ANY trouble,is to contact the C.O. in the area you tend to hunt.

I wish they(DNR) would make a phone book with these numbers.Just call the main office and they can give you a number to call.

------------------
Greg