• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I am going out in the morning. Sounds like we might get some rain and or t-storms. What is your threshold as far as weather is concerned? I will not go out if there is lightning, but I do love the misty grey days or even a light snow fall for hunting....

JegerJack

------------------
"What the old man trade for these guys... A used puck bag..."

I was out in a pounding rain last Friday, but it lightened up right at shooting time. If it's lightning, I won't go on the water. Other than lightning, I will usually go. Usually the worse the weather is, the better the hunting gets.

Ole

I agree duckbill...you can't beat the snow!

I like it cold, cloudy, with a nice chop on the water...if there is a light snow coming down, you will definitely see me out there.

Wish the forecast for this weekend would change...sounds like better weather for fishing or a ballgame than for duckhunting...70+ degrees and sunny is not weather that will keep the birds moving after the first half hour of so of shooting time.

S.A.

I hunted in the snow last week. What a blast. North wind at 40 to 50 MPH. 24 degrees F. Snow geese came in at 10 to 15 yards over the decoys.
It is funny how dumb the birds get in bad weather. We had two days of cold and blow. It saved our trip.

------------------
Hunt Snow Geese, Save the tundra

Late last season I bailed from work early to go duck hunitng in an approaching blizzard. It was a blast. By the time I got setup the snow was falling heavily and the wind was howling. If they weren't flying low you didn't know they were there.

Borch

I guess I'd prefer to have it 60-70 and sunny, but that doesn't always happen.

Weather in no shape or form deters me. Last year for example, we hunted ducks for 3 days when it was -16 degrees. We hunted ducks in blizzards with visabilities less than 100 yards. We spent several hours a day breaking ice to and from a secret spot...all for 15 minutes limits for 5 guys.

"I guess I'd prefer to have it 60-70 and sunny, but that doesn't always happen."
-Trashdux

Why would you want it that warm / nice? That is good fishin' weather, but for hunting I prefer it 40 degrees, overcast, and a nice breeze.

This rings true for ducks, geese, pheasants, etc.

SA aka wdw from the MN Refuge Gang