• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What some action? Go West!

What a season for waterfowl! It has been the best season I've seen so far. Opening weekend, three guy's 36 ducks- We were done Sunday morning at 9 am!

Last Friday morning before the cold front we ended up with a two man limit in one hour! It was fun, but I felt a little ripped off as I like to sit for more than one hour after setting out 100 + decoys! If you are looking for action go way West! I don't want to give up my exact location, but the closer you go to the Western MN state border the better action you will see. I even have seen and bagged a few divers including: Bills, Bufflehead, Redheads and ring necks. Be careful, the Canvasback are even in the state!

There are plenty of Wigeon, Green/Blue Wing Teal, Pintail, Gadwall and Mallards to be had.

I've been hearing from many that they are having a tough go at it this year and though I would put in a my suggestion as every waterfowler should experience a hunt like this. Go West!

Good Luck to all,
Autumnhunt :-)

West May be good (I know from opening weekend experience as well), but for those who don't want to be traveling that far the ducks are thick in southern minnesota at least in the place that I have been going to. I have been having ringbills, pintail, widgeon, teal, gadwalls, nice green heads, woodies, geese, even a few scuap. I think the key to getting limits in this area is to say away from the big water for now and hit the smaller potholes and rivers!!!!!! 55 ducks for us this year and still counting. Mankato area has more birds than anywhere in the area in my opinion. GOOD HUNTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been putting my time in south of Mankato. The trick has been to gain access to private land and hunt the flooded fields. I`ve shot more species of ducks than I have ever shot. Geese are on and off. Can`t wait for them big northern green heads.

When you ask for permission to hunt on someone's land, do you just drive around and find land that has water on it and just go ask?

I've wanted to do this too, but just haven't been out scouting.

Ole