• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey guys, I'm heading to Spider for the first time at the end of July for family gathering. I really can't find much on the lake except for a map. Use to fishing northern MN and live on the Mississippi here in iowa. Hoping for some tips on later summer crappie and walleye on the spider chain. I have a little portable fish finder, so should help. Think this will be the clearest lake I've fished and I know that changes the game. Had horrible luck one time on a deep clear lake in MN, couldn't find anything. Just don't want something like that to happen again.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Haven't fished Spider for 10 years and that was through the ice but we did manage several smaller walleyes. I do know there's some nice ones in there.

You are in a good area there though, just down the road are Lost Land and Teal and a little farther is Moose Lake. Head the other way a little ways and you're at Round Lake. Round is really clear so walleyes will be hard to find during the day but it's probably the best smallmouth lake you'll find.

Hopefully someone else will stop by that's fished Spider a little more recently.

There are plenty of guides up there for those species. Maybe try a half day to cut the learning curve. I guide and have fished the area for decades but I target muskie and bass so unfortunately can't offer much for this jigging quest wink

Good luck