• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thinking about going out to ortinville this comming weekend is it worth it yet. i would think with this cold weather it would push some ducks down, or is it too early. I usually don't make it out there until mid oct. for the first trip during MEA.

The early northern birds aren't down yet. I'm talking about the greenwings and widgeon. I have been seeing a few more bluebills and buffle around the area out here but alot of the locals are still around. Even with the colder weather the bluewings and the woodies are still sticking around. The weather is suppose to be nice like 50-70 during the nights and days for about a week so I would say that the northern brids won't be down for another good week, week and a half that's granted the weather cools down. Those locals are really starting to wise up also but you should deffinatley get some action especailly if there other hunters pushing the birds. Good luck this weekend maybe see you out there.

I am going to hunt the ortonville area this weekend for the first time. A friend and I are planning on finding some public land and scouting around. Can anyone give me good starting point or some areas to avoid. Any info is appreciated, Thanks.

Ortonville is a good choice,we were on the North side of there last weekend saw tons of ducks.

Be warned to check the rule book though, the LQP goose zone will be closed soon.You can't hunt geese,ducks or upland game there according to the laws I read last week.

Benny