• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where were the ducks today???

I really dont think it had anything to do with the clear skies, but it MAY have had something to do with the fact there arent any around.. its shot..
i put another 150 miles on my truck tonight to find yet more dissapointment..
its supposed to warm up all week too so it looks like it wont get better anytime soon.. WELCOME TO MINNESOTA!!

Still lots of Wood Ducks around, that makes up the majority of the population where I hunt in OT county.

Yesterday morning my friend spotted flocks of snow geese in the Vining area. Did you see those BLB?

This morning my hunting spot had a bunch of mallards in it, and of course, I wasn't hunting. smile.gif Spotted large V forms of birds moving south too, and several birds in ponds. Yesterday's front trickled birds down for sure.

I can't complain about this season so far, it's been better than previous years.

It's been really slow, but we did OK Sat in Wright county. Brought home 6 for 2 guys (mallard, gadwall, gw teal, 3 widgeon). Had a flock of ringnecks come over at mach 4. Most birds I've seen this year except for geese, not many of those flying. I also know of 2 guys 20 miles away that didn't fire a shot.
I think this season is going to be a bust and everyone should just stay home and do yardwork, watch football, etc. I'll let you know if the birds ever come!

You guys are all kicking my rear. I went out last Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday and only shot 2 ducks, those were on Tuesday.

I've been skunked the last three trips, but yesterday I did see a lot of ducks, just didn't have the opportunity to shoot.

I'll be back at it tomorrow, hopefully the cold temps the last two days will get em moving.

Good luck everyone.

Ole

Went out Mon AM till 7:30 and proceeded to go to work! 1 drake woodie and missed 3 others, seen 1 flock mallards (6 birds). hunt river bottoms, going again tomorrow. Been seeing ducks using the fields which is a good thing!!

------------------
Puff-Puff-Pass

me, flowage tamer, and a buddy stayed close to home and managed to get our 6 woodies, with 2 mallards as a bonus. the geese didn't fly on saturday which was a disappointment, and someone was hunting the spot we wanted on sunday so we didn't get any shooting that day. heading out to the belgrade area this weekend in hopes of getting in on the ringbill migration. woodies should be moving out soon if the weather stays cold. hopefully it isn't as warm as they are forecasting for the weekend

s.a.