• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for a good walleye lake with a resort

Bambito

Hey all.... I am looking for a good walleye lake with a resort or two on it. My wife and I want to go in late September. We want the "North Country" feeling so we would like to be north of the Brainerd area atleast. We like lakes with structure so we can jig fish. Lake doesn't have to be big as we have a smaller boat. Small family friendly resort would be perfect. Let me know what ya got!! Thanks

The Cass Lake area is a great place to stay.

Close to Bemidji, you know, in case fishing is slow and the wife wants to shop. It's also pretty quiet up there that time of year.

Great colors on the trees, walleye to be caught!

Cass is kind of big, but, there are plenty of smaller lakes that have resorts in the area. Kitchi, Big Rice, Andrusia, I could go on and on.

That's God's country in my eyes.

I fish Cass in June and have only done Sept once but I know it is a great Fall walleye lake too.

I recommend Birch Villa Resort on Cass....you can't beat the covered boat stalls there and Tony and Sabrina are top-notch hosts. It is on the SW shoreline but is within boating of lots of structure/drops for jig fishing. Also it is near to Bemidji for the shopping your wife might want to do. On the North shoreline of Cass, with access to the lakes mentioned earlier, I recommend Horseshoe Resort....Clark runs a great operation there for fishermen. But out in front of Horseshoe is so much walleye fishing I doubt you'd need to travel far.

Good luck.

Glenwood Lodge on Lake Vermilion. Near Ely, MN. By far the best lodge on the lake and near the best Walleye Fishing. Many of the Guides such as Cliff W. fish this area on a regular basis. Very secluded with great rustic look and feel. Google it and you will see the HSOforum and more info.