• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I have noticed that when using my duck call I end up saturating it with saliva as is expected, due to the feeder calls I rattle off. But the problem I notice is that I can only do it either nonstop, or I end up with my reed sticking to the wedge and needing to blow 4-5x harder then normal, just to get the call to sound. I feel the back preasure increase and when it does break loose it is one of those god awful sounds that will scare the ducks away for decades. Any precautions or steps I can take in the future to avoid this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Froggy,
Does that actually work without affecting the reeds and the tone?

I have one call, which happens to be my favorite, that locks on me when I am calling. It is a real raspy and duck single reed that will all of a sudden lock up. I have it in my #1 spot on my lanyard, but I always have a back-up hanging just in case. I have spoken to the call maker about it and he will put in a new reed and adjust it so it won't luck up so much, but I don't want to send it out until after the season.
Maybe the call maker can adjust yours for you.