• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

murphy lake in murphy hanerhan park/

does any one know if you can hunt Murphy lake it has a piblic access and if you are in the water shouldn't it be lagal. I am refering to the one on the gravel road in the park, not the one off of the highway, i already hunt that spot as does everyone else. but we are the only group that is on private land. the rest of the people have to stay in the water.

The best way to find out is to call your local DNR officer. It would not be good to find out the hard way with someone else calling them and interupting your day of hunting.

Kathleen Wallace, Regional Director

Phone: (651) 772-7900
Fax: (651) 772-7977
1200 Warner Road
St. Paul, MN 55106

PLfisherman,
This doesn't answer your question, but could you post what you find out from the local DNR officer? We hunt about 1 mile south of there and have always wondered the same thing. Also, if you would be so kind to scare the geese/ducks south for us, we would be much obliged. wink.gif

I'm curious as well! My backyard butts up against Murphy Hanrehan and that lake is like 3 minutes from my house, However I kind of doubt you can hunt in the preserve. I can tell you that in the spring you see soooo many migrating ducks on that lake... Bufflehead, hooded mergansers, Common mergansers, Redhead, Mallards, Ruddy, Ringneck, Teal, Woodies and I can't think but I'm certain there were more. The DNR netted all of the fish out of Cleary lake and dumped all of the "good fish" ie.. Sunnies, bass, pike into Murphy lake this past spring and killed off the rough fish in Cleary lake with chemicals. I went off on a tangent......