• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MinnKota PowerDriveV2 with I-pilot foot pedal dont work

x1957x

I bought a power driveV2 with I-pilot added on. The hand held remote has the unit working fantastic! The problem I had is when I went to cast the shorelines and use the foot peddle the foot peddle speed works accordingly but it will not turn either way. Heard from a guy that said he heard this happened once to another guy. Does any one have a idea where to start looking on it to see how to correct it. I looked and all the wireing seems to be right?, dont know for sure. I do see that the black and white are disconected at the control board on the boat mount bracket is all. Doesent that turn the unit? Any help would be very helpful and greatly appriciated!

I don't believe that you can use the footpedal with the Powerdrive V2 with I-pilot installed. This is my third season with that unit and that is what I was told from the start. I just installed the i-pilot link system on the unit and I was told the same for that system as well. In my opinion, with casting the remote will work great if you use the advanced autopilot feature.

Kyhl, yes there is. It is where the powerhead cable commes down threw the coiled cable and hooks into the unit (bracket) that is mounted on the boat that has the power go to it. There is a hook/unhook piece that actually WILL UNSCREW and has the same hookup(which is the same as the foot pedal) and can be changed to accomadate the footpedal / I-pilot etc. And yes the remote does have a digital screen on the hand held.

the only way to have the foot pedal and the remote when you have I pilot is to go with a terrova. the Power drive V2 foot pedal gets disconnected when you install I pilot in it. you can get a new terrova with the regular I pilot in it for $1239.99 (55lbs, 12 volt) or $1489.99 (80lb, 24 volt). If you go with a terrova with I pilot Link it will run $1529.99 (55lb, 12 volt) or $1799.99 (80lb, 24volt).If you went with the I pilot Link system you would need a humminbird fishfinder that is ethernet capable (788CI HD or higher) If I were you and if you can afford it I would buy a terrova and then sell the power drive to make up some of your money you spent on the terrova.