• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Youth waterfowl

REMEMBER---the adult DOES NOT GET TO CARRY A GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last year I heard people bragging on waterfowler.com about shootin the $*^# outta the ducks with their kids and all these people tryin to find a kid to take hunting so they could hunt a weekend early.. even if your goose hunting you cannot have a gun..
Its for the kids.. dont take advantage of it

It is just Saturday right?I could shoot geese again on Sunday?

My daughter is a little too young yet to handle a shot gun, so I been taking her out with me while I hunt so she can see what it's all about.

But if I can't do the shooting on Sunday ,maybe I will have to buy a .410 and some Bismuth for her on Sunday.

Benny

jlm, I have not seen any myself.I just heard it is the only non steel non toxic load out there for the .410.

I bet you could find it at Fleet farm or sportsmans wherehouse.

Gander is to cheap to carry .410 loads.
Benny

Yep.. goose hunting goes on like normal today and the youth season ends at 4 pm today, it does NOT go through tomorrow.. thats another thing alot of people thought it was all weekend, i saw people out pothole jumping last year on sunday..

i dont understand how people cant figure this out.. if you dont know the laws you shouldnt even be out hunting.. get the regs and READ EM!!

I live in the Grand Rapids area and stopped at Glen's Army Navy store inquiring about .410 steel shot. They said it usually runs about $40 a box. I just bought my daughter a single shot .20 gauge to use for duck hunting. A buddy of mine that's a hard core duck hunter said he used to kill alot of ducks with his .410 when he was a kid. The biggest thing was to pattern the gun and realize the effective range of it.

Brian

Last year I wanted to take my son duck hunting with the 410. Big disappointment to find out the only non toxic load was bismuth....$49/ box of 10!!!!!!!
He shot squirrels again, this year graduating to a 20 ga.