• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Manitoba scouting reports?

Anybody have some insight to the condition of crops in the Portage La Prarie area? Also,any info on numbers of ducks and geese milling about. And lastly any problems getting permission to hunt land. Thanks in advance. SCAT

I hunted north about 3 hours drive. Lots of geese, snows and 3 types of Canada's. Limits every day. A few large flocks of ducks and a few cranes . Not much from up North yet but lots of locals and no other hunters. Farmers hate ducks and geese, no problem with permision. They say kill them all!

feilds where wet but ok to drive on . Lots of standing grain, and lots with grain cut but still in the fields. Our best fields seemed to be the ones with the grain removed. On these fields we could drive out on no problem and they seemed to hold the most birds.

Just wondering if there are any new reports on Manitoba?
I just returned from Sask. The farmers are getting their crops off finally. They have had a tough summer with the bad weather.
The fields in Sask are in good shape. We had no problem driving on them. I am pretty sure that it has been much wetter in Manitoba.
Lots of ducks this year. I have never seen so many mallards up there before. We hunted pea fields that had 20,000 ducks at a time in them.

------------------
Hunt Snow Geese, Save the tundra

Juts returned from Oak Hammock last Thr. it was WET around there but fairly dry 30 miles either way of the refuge...there was standing water in most of the fields around OH.....about 20% of the crops were out...but they were harvesting like mad when we left...Dave