• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fished the flowage for the 1st time ever last saturday! Wow is that lake awesome! Only got in a few hours on the water because of the weather, so we barely scratched the surface. Only caught a few small pike and a bunch of little LM bass. But it was so nice to have such a wilderness setting. Going back next week for more smile

Just make sure to get some bog fishing in while your there. That's not structure you get to fish many other places. I'm not sure how mobile they are on the flowage they are though, other lakes if you aren't careful you can get yourself trapped.

Yeah, we had to hurry through alot of places, including a few nice looking bogs. Next week we should much more time on the water (weather permitting). And the water should be a little warmer too, so hopefully the fish will be more active. We plan on launching at a different access, so it'll be like a whole new lake again. After this next outing, we'll probably only do overnight or weekend trips there since it's quite a drive. Sounds like it must be good night fishing...alot of guys were heading out as we were heading in.

If you get a little extra time two of the places that I used to spend some quality time on are ghost lake and the teal river flowage just north of the Chip. I haven't been able to spend much time up there in the last 5-7 years but they were great places back then.

Well, was still awesome today...unfortunately the fishing was very slow. Launched at hay creek today. Spent most of the day in that channel and the area where the west fork chippewa flows in. Only caught 7 fish total...3 northern pike, 2 largemouth bass, 1 small, and 1 little marble carp.

it can be awesome, but today there was a thousand citidiots out there. still caught fish everywhere we went. crappies up shallow and walleyes drifting submerged bogs. two eyes were 21 and 18 inches.

I'm considering of heading to the Flowage on May 9. Given the recent warm-up I'm hopeful the ice will be gone. However, I am a little concerned it may be a little early for a good bite. The water will likely still be really cold. Does anyone have any advice or input on early spring fishing on the Flowage?

My brother was at the cabin Sat 20 miles north of Hayward and they got 22 inches of fresh snow last Thursday Our lake was only open a couple feet on the north side on Saturday and still looked white. He did not plank out there and saw nobody on any lake. Normally it would be close to being open towards the end of this week

Mwal

Called my Buddy that lives in Hayward today he said the creeks that run into the flowage are open and flowing and cutting into the lake ice. He said Lake Hayward had opened up but it is a small flowage lake on the Namakagon river in the town of Hayward.

I spoke to a guide on the Chippewa last night and he said the ice should be off by this weekend. I'm hoping the weather improves for my May 9 trip. This cold and wind and rain and snow is ridiculous!

Had a very successful opener in Wisconsin near hayward, every other lake was locked up solid, once we found the fish we had to have caught over 30 walleyes, most were small and under 13" but we managed to get two limits of 14"-20" fish, I even caught a 32" musky. I was too quick to release it and didn't get a picture. Water temp was 42 degrees and the walleyes were making their run up to spawn.

F1C5C40C-E662-4511-BB87-F0C0E34917D9.jpg

037B2F18-5FF9-4246-AA22-4561FE66A590.jpg

The frost was coming out of our driveway which is fine for the truck but the boat got hung up and we were lucky to get it out, the hard work was worth it.

E6B8A31F-D0D9-4211-A5C4-9B9DE1E0E09F.jpg

13401B0F-7EDF-4AF2-B6A7-642FCC8D27D3.jpg

Yesterday I returned from the flowage from a 4-day trip. The docks are in. The fishing was tough. Saturday we did fish with guide Ron Bergman. He's a great guy, is very knowledgable and worked hard to get us on fish. The weather was extremely erratic and the fishing kind of followed suit. Biggest fish was a 24-1/2" caught Monday night by the CC bridge in about 4' of water on a jig and minnow.