• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing.... Slow is exactly what it was. We ended up with 10 fish for the week, and that was for 3 boats... They were just scattered all over... We talked to the charters also and some would have a decent days and some would get the goose-egg also.. the best fishing seemed to be way out.. out of the reach of our smaller boats..

When we talked to the commercial guys they said the water column was setup like it typically is in the spring.. hotspots and cold spots spread out...

One thing I can say... not so many fish, but the fish being caught are big.. lots of fish 25+ and an occasional 30+... as we knew it would be slow but a slow day of fishing is better than any day at work...!!!

He's freindly now, how bout 5+ yrs ago?

How old is Jeff anyway, is this even the same couple that has always owned it?

This was an older couple I remember running the show there.

and they where not freindly at all.

Been there for 30+ years, he said...

We didn't push our luck and respected his wishes... its not a public launch, it is privately owned and anyone would think twice about opening it to the public... what a liability risk that would be..

Then just to see what is in the operation... he's not going to give this launch away...

I would complain to the WI DNR.. they should have some kind of public launch near the tip of the peninsula...

As far as a new launch...I like the solitude of the area and with a new launch... think about what that would draw in....

I agree the state or sound private party should buy this and install a new ramp and parking area. this spot is much nicer and sheltered better than the Ferry area.

I don't think he should give it away but it should be a fair market price for the area and the state has the resources to put in a few goodies like cleaning shack, boat rinse,and it would add a huge benefit to the tip of the county.