• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trail Cam Deer-Elk-Moose Pics or Video

Yes... Ive tossed about 8-10 cards in the last decade where they are corrupt and wont read. Usually you can reformat them to "clean" them and that works but sometimes they seem to just go bad and they wont even format!?!? Just this past week I had a hundred pics I couldn't read of the surviving deer, post gun. mad I hate that!

Im not pro at electronic gadgets but I have noticed the Sandisk and "higher quality" cards seem to have less problems.

I read the card in the Sony Camera and looked at about 100 deer pictures(a total of about 8 deer),one real nice one. Went to look again and the battery was low,and I don't know what happened next,but SD became corrupt.

Have you or anyone tried to retreive pictures or have someone else retrive them of the disc?

Wonder if different SD readers or regular cameras have a history of creating problems?

I heard also never take a disc out when camera on. Low battery on and not doing its job correctly.

All I know is I am bummed.

Camera experts advice on do's and don'ts?

i bet the images are still on the card. I am far from an expert, but i had a similar issue and downloaded some free recovery software off the net that was able to pull in my images. i did loose one image, but the rest were there and fine.

good luck!

i bet the images are still on the card. I am far from an expert, but i had a similar issue and downloaded some free recovery software off the net that was able to pull in my images. i did loose one image, but the rest were there and fine.

good luck!

I had the same issue and did a search and found a bunch of different programs. I tried a couple and both did the job. If you don't want to go through the trouble I'm sure most computer repair places would try and recover them for you for a fee.

Tried it at a photo thing at Fleet Farm no luck.

Last night plugged into one of those so called FREE recovery programs and it did find about 40% of them and showed you a picture,than it says we showed you by scanning the pictures,now to make the pictures available to me they want you to buy their program for about $50.00 for a 2 year contract.

Question,when your batteries get low or real cold,will your camera still take pictures in daylight? It seems sometimes soon as it gets dark the camera shuts down under the conditions subscribed.

Put fresh batteries in it works 24 hours.

I surmised that maybe it takes a little more juice at night via the infrared flash,subsequently the picture is not taken at all. Not even a blackout picture.

Its a Moultrie.

Question,when your batteries get low or real cold,will your camera still take pictures in daylight? It seems sometimes soon as it gets dark the camera shuts down under the conditions subscribed.

Put fresh batteries in it works 24 hours.

I surmised that maybe it takes a little more juice at night via the infrared flash,subsequently the picture is not taken at all. Not even a blackout picture.

Its a Moultrie.

It is absolutely related to battery juice, and it is much more pronounced when it is cold outside. The day time pics require very little "juice" compared to night images when the flash is required.

If you had lithium batteries this time of year, you would get better performance in the cold (or so I am told).