• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Had a close call picking mushrooms this afternoon...all the weeds had grown up pretty good, so I was sweeping them away around a dead elm, when a snake struck at me...I had swept over top of him maybe 6 inches, so his strike went past my arm instead of hitting me...don't run into to many in this area, especially in the spring, so wasn't even watching out for them!

full-16801-33580-gedc0398.jpg

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ran into one last year in Mendota Hts. brought it home to show the wifey, she went nuts, major [PoorWordUsage], what were you thinking???

Just because I could,

It was fun!

And I only think when working

or when dealing with the kids. smile

Oh! I just realized I have seen more rattlers than found morel mushrooms. frown

HTB

I have always assumed you were from around here, with the name leech~~ and talking about the area. Good to know!
That's why my Avatar says: Northern state of mind! I spend 80% of my weekends where I want to be. Up north! wink Plus I Deer hunted, snowmobiled, 4 wheeled, Dual sport rode, and any thing else I could do in the woods in the Paul Bun south of Walker for about the last 30 years! wink

I'm so glad I don't have those rattling buggers around Duluth!

On another note, Matt, I know in the past you have said you find blacks around young aspen, my question for you is how young? I find them in recent clearcuts, but I've never checked the young aspens stands. Any thoughts?

On another note, Matt, I know in the past you have said you find blacks around young aspen, my question for you is how young? I find them in recent clearcuts, but I've never checked the young aspens stands. Any thoughts?

I have buddies that only pick fresh clear-cuts. I haven't really tried it, as I stick to the 10-20 year old aspen/poplar stands... The guys picking cuts over the weekend got 2-300 each day though!