• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any body fish this lake (lakes) at all? My parents just bought a lake home there and I will be headed up there alot this summer. I hear there is Muskie in there plus the walleye. I will mostly be targeting walleye or trying. Panfish? ice fishing reports? Any info about the Lower eau claire lake is appreciated.. Thanks

I have fished it a weekend during mid summer 2 years ago. Clear water, and smaller northerns, bass and gills is what we caught. Did try floating rigs for walleyed but didn't catch nothing but dink perch. I am sure early spring would be better, as well as early ice. It is a weedy lake with some wood around shorelines. The channel would probably produce early in the year, probably under low light conditions because of the clarity. I have fished upper way more and have had consistent success there. Goodiel and hope this helps man!

Headed up tomorrow morning I'm assuming there is still ice? I m just wondering what you meant by the channel? I drove to the landing and saw that it kind of bottlenecks before the big portion of lake opens up. Or below dam from middle to lower. Also I've heard talk of cribs out there but I m not sure

the boat landing is on the far southwest corner and then go through the canal to get to the bigger open part of the lake. that canal has some current going through it if i remember.