• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking to fly out of Nestor falls into a outpost on Ajax lake. This is something we've never done before. 6 days on the lake. Would you suggest we bring in drinking water or are the lakes good to drink out of. Anything else we should be aware of..?

I've been going to outpost camps in Canada for 35 years. Have always drank the lake water. Never an issue. I'd ask your outfitter, but, can't imagine there's an issue. Besides you'll want to fly in beer for drinking anyway, LOL!!! Good luck.

We drink the lake water. Haven't had an issue but that doesn't mean it will always be so. Boiling is insurance. A fly in is the worst place to be if you pick up a bug. That stuff is hell..

I fish a lot of lakes in that area and as a general rule if it's a trout lake we'll just scoop the water right out of the lake to drink. If it's a shallow walleye lake with lots of beaver huts, we will either filter or boil the water first. I feel like eventually our luck will run out, but in 12 years we've never had a problem. I'd boil or filter if you are concerned, though. It would be ashame to ruin a trip with something that's so easily preventable.