• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Retractable roof?

SledNeck

Would not be missing games. I know people who wanted to go but could not due to the rain. They had to cancel rooms and everything else.

No good reason not to have one.

Nice weather-open the roof and enjoy the beautiful skies. Poor weather, close the roof and play. Not sure how cancelling a game beats playing it.

Retractable roof baseball ball parks are really ugly IMO. I'll take an open air Target Field anyday. Yes baseball in April can be tricky, but thems the breaks.

I'm heading out to Target Field in about an hour. I'll be drinking beer, not hot chocolate smile

I think the retractable roof needs to go on the new Vikes stadium. They look fine with that setup. Our team would have a different persona though if it was open air, so something to consider.

How about starting baseball in May and ending it in October and making these overpaid players play a few doubleheaders. Who was the moron that saw Miami versus Minnesota in April and decided to play it in Minnesota?

No good reason not to have one.

There are $200 million reasons not to have one as I believe that was the estimate cost to add the retractable roof.

So what, they've missed a few games, so have other teams around the league. In the 4 Aprils the Twins have been in Target field they've only missed a couple games (mostly this year). Is that really worth another $200 million?

Retractable roof baseball ball parks are really ugly IMO. I'll take an open air Target Field anyday. Yes baseball in April can be tricky, but thems the breaks

Yep. I've been to Miller Park in Millwaukee and Safco in Seattle. Seen both with the roof open and closed. Even when they're open, they are just a big building with the roof open. Yes, you can see the sky if you look straight up. That's it. You can't see any of the sourounding landscape, or cityscapes or anything else, just the sky if you look straight up.

UGLY. ZERO asthetics. ZERO.

Yep. I've been to Miller Park in Millwaukee and Safco in Seattle. Seen both with the roof open and closed. Even when they're open, they are just a big building with the roof open. Yes, you can see the sky if you look straight up. That's it. You can't see any of the sourounding landscape, or cityscapes or anything else, just the sky if you look straight up.

UGLY. ZERO asthetics. ZERO.

I agree. I've also been to Safeco with the roof open and closed. Target Field blows it out of the water.

Wasn't there also an issue about fitting a retractible roof stadium in the available footprint of target field? I seem to remember that given the small space they had to work with a retractible roof wasn't going to fit very well.

Who was the moron that saw Miami versus Minnesota in April and decided to play it in Minnesota?

I agree, but I hosted a group outing for openening day and a few days later they sent a survey to see how it went. I mentioned what a foolish idea it was to open here while ballparks in St. Louis, Kansas City, Texas, L.A and San Fran, etc. sat empty.

They called me the next day and explained how every team WANTS to open a week after opener to get everyone excited about the new season and give them more time to sell more tickets, and especially more season tickets. It's all about the money. I said if you need an extra week to get your fans excited, doesn't that something about your team? grin

I think the league could have done a much better job of scheduling these early games as well. Seems that they could figure out a way to let the teams with indoor stadiums and warmer climate locations host most of the games for now.

What dome? It's going to get the wrecking ball soon to make way for the new Vikes stadium.

Cross another thing off my bucket list. Watch baseball when the weather's in the 30's. It wasn't bad at all, we gotta buck up a little bit. Fun game to attend: Dozier opens with a triple, Arcia crushed his first HR, and Perk struck out the side for the save. Glad I didn't attend game #2.

full-5554-32456-tgtfield.jpg