• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Opener

Bambito

Most lakes should be open by opener in southern part of the state... So where does everyone plan on going? I am thinking of hitting up some shallower lakes in the hutchinson area! Anyone know of any decent lakes to fish around there or which ones had winter kill? Thanks

We go to Red for Opener every year and we're still planning on it for this year .... although we've started putting together Plan B, which would be to fish around home (metro area) on Opener and head up to Red a week later if it's still iced up on Opener.

Sorry, I don't know much about the Hutch area lakes.

I have a cabin on Vermilion and it's not looking good for the opener in just 18 days. I haven't come up with plan B yet.

The thing about the opener that drives me nuts is the crowds. Now that the northern part of the state will most likely be iced over, that will probably mean the open water lakes will be even more crowded....ugh.

Mille Lacs has been the destination for the Carmike Family for many years, and I'm hoping that won't change. We'll still be up in the area, but if the big lake isn't ice-free, we'll have to find a different one in the area....shouldn't be too hard. smile