• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Charles Daley Shootguns

I am looking to buy a back up gun to have with me when hunting. I was looking on the internet and found Charles Daley guns. They make a 3.5 12 gauge in advantage camo for $350 for a pump. Has anyone ever shot one of these? I am just looking to find someone that uses one and see how they like it.

I noticed that my title says shootguns. Sorry, it should say shotguns. I am not sure how to change it.

[This message has been edited by duckbill (edited 08-04-2004).]

I know several guys who shoot the pumps and over/unders and like them. Their O/U are nice guns. I'd avoid the autoloaders though. Lots of problems there. They do have a lifetime guarantee and you'll use it often with the autoloaders.

Borch

You can get an 3.5 870 express in camo for $350? If that is true I will go that route. I like remingtons a lot. I own two wingmasters and have never had any problems with either one of them. Both are about 8-10 years old but only shoot 3" shells.

Duckbill,
If you shop around you can get a Benelli Nova 3.5" for $350 in camo. I would check one of them out before buying anything. These guns are work horses. I use mine for a back-up and the thing just plain works. I have been in a duck slough in sleet with the temps at 8 deg. The ice was just busting off the thing with every shot and it just kept going. Check one out, if you can get past the Star Wars looks, they are very nice guns.

Thank you for the responses. I am off to Rainy Lake for 5 days of fishing walleyes. Only one more hour of work to go.

[This message has been edited by duckbill (edited 08-04-2004).]

former hunting buddy of mine had a auto loader Charles-Daly, spent too much time in the shop for my blood, particularly whenyou got bills dive bombing your dekes and you can only process 1 shell at a time thus making it a single shot.(pretty funny watching him get [PoorWordUsage]ed though smile.gif)/

I like my charles daly pump its the same as you are talking about got mine last year at gander mtn for $275.00 I have had zero problems and have gone through at least 1,000 rounds with it,its a great gun I highly recommend it for the price

Duckbill, Charles Daly started as premier over-under gun maker. Over the last few years they turned into making pumps and autos. I have heard pretty good things about them. I do know that you can get a 3.5 in. pump in the Realtree Hardwoods camo for $299.99 at H & H Sport Shop in Maple Lake. Their Benelli Novas in Max4 camo are $359.99. If you stop in there ask for Jess. If he isn't there tell them that you saw this post. Hope you had good luck and weather at Rainy

Hey Bronco,
My hunting partner is buying one there on Friday. Small world. H&H has sold me on customer service. They can compete with any big store on price but they take care of their customers. Where are you from then that you shop there?

[This message has been edited by duckbill (edited 08-10-2004).]