• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BfishN paddletail or moxie

cps420us

Never used these baits, but heard lots of good things. Was looking at either the 3" moxie or 2.5" paddletail. Whats the advantage of one over the other? Any must have colors? Are the precision jig heads any good?

Hard to say which is better as each has a time and place. The moxie can be fished slower and still give good tail action. The paddle tails give good vibration but need to be fished a little faster. The jigs are nice with the plastic keeper and multiple sizes that are hard to find. The paint used is long lasting and doesn't chip like other brands. I thought the hooks were pretty dull for being new, though. A bit expensive for the amt. you get also. I had found a look a like in the stores, but can't recall the name. But it was more for less. Not sure of its quality, though.

I spend $100 on plastics before our rainy river trip...Turns out, the only fish that were going to bite on my rod bit on 1 specific plastic, in 1 color. grin I kept switching to this and that and have nearly all varieties of plastics including those you mentioned - yet only 1 worked LOL

I think it is hard to choose between the two only because they both have their time and place. I think I would reach for the Moxie first being that I can get more action if it is fished slower compared to the Paddletail. The PulsRs are also very good plastics wink

I have yet to fish the Precision jigs, but I picked a bunch up at the sportsshow and plan on giving them a go on my fish outing!

They both work great, although I have only used the bigger sizes. 4 moxi and 3.25 Pulse-R not the paddle tail. I also like their jigs as they come in a ton of sizes and colors but are a little pricy. There are some out there that are very similar that cost less.

Hutch Tackle makes a similar jig (same head shape, wire keeper) to the Precision and if memory serves they are cheaper. The Hutch Tackle jig can be found at Fleet Farm if y'all want to check them out. They also come in the sizes such as 3/16, 5/16 etc.

I only bought one package of the 3/16 size. The hooks came out of the box sharper than the Precision jigs I've bought. The hooks might not be as strong though as I had one snap off on a snag.

They both work great, although I have only used the bigger sizes. 4 moxi and 3.25 Pulse-R not the paddle tail. I also like their jigs as they come in a ton of sizes and colors but are a little pricy. There are some out there that are very similar that cost less.

+1

moxi and Pulse-R's instead of paddletail

im also a big fan of H20 jigs

with so many colors to choose from its borderline confusing but if i had to pik only a few my choice would be

chartreuse, oystershell and purple/chart tail