• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Some buddies of mine go to Rochester every year and they absolutely love it. They go during mid season, however.

I'm kind of lucky living where I do for early season. Lots of hay, oats, and corn fields out here for me to hunt in. Cow pastures work real well, also. Just as long as the cows are far far away.

Boilerguy- I hunt around the windom-slayton area every weekend in the fall. Im going to Talcot for early goose opener. Have you been by the talcot area latly? Do you know any of the latest goose counts on the lake? Im going friday to do some scouting/dove hunting then hunting sat and sunday. Real busy but I know spots others dont know about since iv hunted there so long.

Thanks snowgoose, I would love to do that. My first trip to Laq qui parle was guided and I really learned a ton.

Seems that most of my hobbies are not cheap ones...boat, rods and reels, lures, duck boat blind, shotguns, rifles, taxidermy costs, dekes, shells...trust me I hear it from the wife all the time.

Oh well, this is the life I live for.

Roosterslayer, I drive past Talcot every single day going to work. I don't know what the goose count is, but it's gotta be huge. There are at least 1,000,000,000,000,00,000...(inhale)...000,000,000,000 geese out there. Early season for those hunting Talcot should be good.

I completely agree with you on the roost-hunting issue Duc-o-holic...

I don't see anything wrong with hunting water for early goose, as long as you are not hunting their roosting areas. Overall, I think field hunting for them is your best bet in september though, providing you find one that the birds have been using consistently. Don't know what we will end up doing this year, but in the past we have always opened in fields. But unless we get out and do some scouting and find a field where we know the geese will be dumping into on Sept. 4th, we might take to the river this year instead.

so many options, so little time.

S.A.