• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

suburban follow up

month ago or so posted about a problem with my 99 suburban having some hiccup issues while driving and the tach would go nuts and the abs light would come on and gas gauge would go crazy and it felt like the truck was hesitating and then it would be gone..plus it never thru a code so it was a tough find..had it into shop for 5 days while i was on vacation and of course when they drove it for 5 days it never happen one time for them so they didnt know..well it happened to my brother-in-law the mechanic and finally figured out the problem so thought i'd let everybody know the result in case they have the same problem..it was the vehicle speed sensor and the abs sensor going bad and he informed me if the vehicle speed sensor goes out you pretty much lose everything and truck shuts down..so there u have it i thanks all who tried to give me ideas on to what it was..

I hope that takes care of it but I wouldn't be surprised if it recurs at some point.

I believe the only time the VSS or ABS would affect the engine operation is if you have traction control on the vehicle, and I dont think it was available on older Subs.

I don't see how any of those would affect the gas gauge or the tach. The speed sensor would affect the speedo and possible the hicup but it should not affect the the other items. The ABS coming on at the same time as the hicup leads me to believe that the ABS was a result of the problem not the problem.

I would bet that an ignition switch is in you future?