• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

7 yrs of Toyota

Duffman

So seven years ago I jumped into this forum and........let's just say I may have had some fun with you folks with Toyota joining NASCAR. smile

I watch about 3-4 races a year, and check in on the super speedway races with hopefully about 6 laps to go and a yellow flapping in the air. wink

I just want to hear from the hardcore fans, are you pretty much acceptant of the yoda's in the game now? Do you go back to the old Chevy vs Ford/Dodoge and ignore the Toyota finishes. Or is it the result of "You'll get used to it"? Or do you despise that Japenese steel with the fiber of your being?

(Disclaimer.....21 years of Toyota Truck driving) smile

So seven years ago I jumped into this forum and........let's just say I may have had some fun with you folks with Toyota joining NASCAR. smile

I watch about 3-4 races a year, and check in on the super speedway races with hopefully about 6 laps to go and a yellow flapping in the air. wink

I just want to hear from the hardcore fans, are you pretty much acceptant of the yoda's in the game now? Do you go back to the old Chevy vs Ford/Dodoge and ignore the Toyota finishes. Or is it the result of "You'll get used to it"? Or do you despise that Japenese steel with the fiber of your being?

(Disclaimer.....21 years of Toyota Truck driving) smile

Does Nascar even exist any more? It was in critical condition when it lost Buick and Olds,lost it's pulse when Pontiac left and had no heart left after Dodge went away. Whatever they call it now it sure the heck isn't NASCAR. And to top it all off once they traded the short tracks for the cookie cutters it pretty much sealed the deal.

Quote:
Toyota’s reputation takes a hit with Joe Gibbs Racing penalties

The merger between the engine operations of Toyota Racing Development and Joe Gibbs Racing appeared to be a good move a couple of years ago.

JGR was having trouble with reliability and NASCAR was making a move to electronic fuel injection in the Sprint Cup Series. Without much experience in fuel injection systems, it seemed like a reasonable time for JGR to take the plunge and benefit from TRD’s knowledge and resources.

The worst, by far, came Wednesday when JGR was socked with major penalties for having one connecting rod too light in the race-winning engine of Matt Kenseth at Kansas Speedway.

JGR and Toyota also were penalized. Kenseth’s No. 20 team lost 50 owner points and may lose more over the next seven races. Toyota lost five points in the manufacturer standings (if you can remember the last time you looked up NASCAR manufacturer standings, raise your hand).

But the biggest damage comes to Toyota’s reputation.

Cheaters.

Miss the american made wars but if Toyota can replace a car its good. I'ma watcher and iI think k its really funny telling people I'm a fan and they say there still racing ? I say ya it has 500- 1k fans in the stands every race.

Go go baby go #18