• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

When we go it is 200 shots. You also get charged for the over shells duty. It is adviseable you have them in order and readily available to count. The border people can be nice but being up front is the best way to go. Also make sure you have your PAL card and gun registeration card before you go so you do not have to pay per gun at the border.

JLM,We come into the U.S. at Po.rtal N.D. and we have never had to register our shotguns with U.S. customs.Only Canada require registration to possess a firearm. Isuppose someday we might have to at home. Isure hope not.. DrJ.

How many shells can you legally bring into Canada? I have been told both 8 and 10 boxes. Any one have any info on duck/goose hunting near Macdonald, Manitoba? It is North from Portage La Prarie. Thanks in advance. SCAT

It is 200 rounds of amo per person. I go into Canada 2 to 3 times a season to hunt. Bring plenty of amo with you and pay the duty. You don't want to buy shells up there. $25 to $30 a box.
The duty is based on the value of the shells. I tell them I got them on sale for $7.00 a box and the duty isn't to much. Pay your duty in Canadian funds. They might not give you the exchange rate at the border.

------------------
Hunt Snow Geese, Save the tundra

jlm, We have a house in Sask. and go there every year. Last time was last fall and at least 7 different groups that used our place came back to the good ol'U.S. Never have had a problem and no registration required. DrJ.

Dr. J-
When was the last time you went through? I just read an article about this and they stated that all border crossing have become more strict due to 911. If you bring a gun back from Mexico, it has to be registered with US customs first. I could swear that they said it was the same for Canada. I am not positive though...anybody else know?