• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what do you guys think of the new Conservation License?

Stick500

I did a search and couldn't find any previous discussion of this.

For those who don't know, new for '13 is the resident Conservation fishing license that goes for $15 compared to the regular license for $22. The only difference is you only get to keep half of the regular limits.

This deal works out great for me and I'm going for it, but there may be a day where I really get into some panfish I might want to keep!

I'm strictly C&R on all pike and bass and of course I let all the carp go I catch. I like to keep an occasional walleye and a few trout now and then.

I also shoot carp with a speargun and bow, but since there's no limit I imagine I don't have to worry about hauling those guys home (I'll get a ticket if I don't!).

Just wondering what you guys think of this new option. WI and IA currently don't have anything like that.

Sounds like a good deal for anyone who doesn't eat many fish.

My whole family, all 6 of us, and Mom (makes 7), love to eat fresh fish, so keeping a few limits of fish from time to time is a necessary "evil" to keep everyone happy.

Personally, I'll pay the full price for a regular license so I can keep a limit of crappies or walleyes when I can really get into em'. Greatly appreciate a belly full of delicious fresh fish once in a while.

Just like the people who buy bird stamps even though they don't hunt, I'll keep buying the full licence to support the game.

As was said, what's $7? I'll spend more than that on a six pack.

I used to buy the Conservation, but have since started buying the full again. My fiance however still buys the conservation. neither of us keep fish often but when we do one limit between the two of us is more than enough to feed out family of 3.

I think its a good option fo rthe CPR people or people that dont keep a lot of fish. I also think that it leaves the door open for people who will take over their limit. How are you to know the guy next to you that keeps 10 crappies has a full license or a conservation license.

Not on topic, but I'd pay a few extra bucks for a second line. No way would I pay twice the license cost though.

We're book-ended by states that already allow multiple lines along with the price of one license. Why should we be expected to pay extra for the same privilege?

I like the idea, but not for twice the price.

I always get Ontario's conservation license when I go up there, I think especially for vacation fishing away from home where non-res fees may be steep, conservation licenses make a lot of sense. I guess I'm surprised the conservation license is resident only, I would have gladly liked to see a higher non-res license fee but with the option for a cheaper non-res conservation license.

I'll be getting the regular license for myself this year pretty much just in case I want to take a limit of trout out of one of the put and take ponds.

How about an ultra conservation option that allows a second line? smile

That was my idea.

And let's stop with the "I'll pay for a second license or I'll pay $100" nonsense. There is no reason to do that if you're buying conservation license.

Just stop and think about it for a second.

Let's get it done.

"And let's stop with the "I'll pay for a second license or I'll pay $100" nonsense. There is no reason to do that if you're buying conservation license.

Just stop and think about it for a second."

Take some of your own advice and stop and think about it yourself....So if you could use two lines but agree to not keep any fish that's not 'ultra-conservative'? Not keeping any fish is nearly as conservative as quitting the sport all together. Even if it's the half limit- you're not keeping any more fish with a 2nd line. I think there's plenty of people that would pay good $ if the state didn't have their heads up their azzes. Nobody HAS to buy a second line whether it is $10 or $200 so nobody has anything to B about no matter what the cost. So I don't see why it's not worth a try.