• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chasing Tail - History Channel

Scott M

Looks interesting - deer hunting for trophy bucks in the urban sprawl of aristocratic Connecticut.

I'm certain these guys will promise population control and then we'll see a couple of deer taken in season 1, mostly bucks.

I'll watch a little but I don't think I'm in long term.

Stupid show. Not hard to shoot pet deer that are small out there anyway. I would bet the Mille Lacs show never hits the air. Heard they did a little filming up there but must have got bored and went home. Hard to compare Deadliest catch on the Bearing sea to ice fishing on Mille Lacs.

Hey, it's on the History channel, not on a sports channel. It's like saying you can pick up tips on duck hunting from watching Duck Dynasty. grin

I hit record the series on the first Thursday so I didn't have to try be in front of the set to check it out. I just watched the series to date and found some amusement out of it. That's what it's there for and that's about it.

It's scripted about as much as DD is and the characters run the same parallels. What I do like about it is they point out a lot of the Landowner/Hunter relationship battles to those who don't know about hunting and who'll watch it out of curiosity. Maybe they'll get some insight into the need for that relationship to work and understand why Metro deer control is a good idea.

O.K., that's kinda deep. Maybe I like it more because my wife is willing to watch it and it beats the heck outta HGTV! grin

I don't expect it to last long though.

I watched a little of this yesterday. The temps were warm and their butcher took off for a week. They had a deer hanging and couldn't figure out what to do with it....So they bought a shed and turned it into a cooler...NOT ONE OF THEM MENTIONED "HEY, WE COULD JUST CUT IT UP IN LESS THAN AN HOUR" I couldn't believe that butchering a deer is something outside of their comfort level...That's pretty sad. crazy

wow thats sad. i cut my cable cuz of shows like that, and all the pawn dump. I cant take that stuff anymore. Im not againts urban deer hunting infact im all for it. Clear all them city deer out, most of em are inbred anyway, and they are dangerous ta motorist. but all that aside, lets promote responsible hunting on television. I saw an episode of duck dynasty like that to were they just piled the deer up like cord wood. musta had 10 tags a piece,. just gross.

The one saving grace I think of the show is the statistics they plug on there showing that deer do need to be culled in certain areas.

Otherwise, I don't know how a deer could die right on someone's pool cover and not leave a speck of blood anywhere.

DD

What a joke and a another way to run hunting down. These people are the just puppets for anti,s! The idea is good, but these people don't know how to cut their own deer up. How STUPID are they! There are shows that look good, but in the end and the way they are put on, screws us hunters. If 4 people can't cut a deer up in a evening, they should not hunt.

Flipping chanels the other night I caught part of an episode. Looks like a strange show. I don't think I would grant permission to any of those yodels to hunt my land. They appeared to be disrepsectful and a bit abrasive.

Otherwise, I don't know how a deer could die right on someone's pool cover and not leave a speck of blood anywhere.

DD

Yeah, that whole story line there put me over the edge. The dude with the accessory dog was overkill. The last couple episodes were WAY too scripted. My wife is watching it right now and thinks its hilarious.

I still gotta say its better than all the House Hunters though!