• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fenwick Elite tech Walleye jigging 6' 3"

Tinkhamtown

I love these rods... great great tip for a fast hookset, nice feel in the hand, and light for those long days as well. Great value too.

X2

My 6'9" ML-F is the favorite in my boat, but also the most high end. Love it for vertical jigging and dragging minnows. A little to soft for plastics, though.

I have the 6'6" jigging rod 1/8-5/8 oz. It is my favorite rod, by a looooong shot! Granted, I don't own many expensive rods. I wish I had two more of them. It puts my cheaper St. Croix to shame. I hope they keep making them because as I need to replace rods, it will be with them for sure.

It's an amazing rod smile light, fast, and sensitive

Put a small reel ( like a 500 series Shimano ) on it and you will be amazed on how much feel you will have.

I was badly outfishing two of my buddies down in Redwing this winter and they were wondering how I was doing it.......... Now both of them own the same set up smile

The only downside is they are not made in the U.S.

Recently I bought the 6'6" ml too but haven't got her wet yet...... no pun wink

I like my 7 ft Elite Tech rigging rod better than my new Loomis. I sent my older Loomis in for repair to Shimanno, who is Loomis now, and they sent me back a rod that is not close to the older one. No more of them for me.

I'm also a fan of the Elite Tech rods, though I don't have any specific experience with the shorter jigging ones. I love the longer, "rigging" rods, but I've used them for everything from bobbers to casting cranks to rigging to fishing jigs in the river.

Big fan here also. I have the 6'9" rigging rod which I really like but would opt for the 6'3 or 6'6 if I was looking solely for a jigging rod. That's just my personal preference but you can't go wrong with this line of rods.

Continuing the positive reviews.....I'm not a Fenwick guy, or at least wasn't. My dad won a 6'3" Elite and I took it on a trip as I'd just dumped one of my others (Crucial) in P4. Fell in love with that rod. Went out and got one of my own immediately. Great sensitivity and action. Worth the $$. Enjoy!

I was a 100% Fenwick guy before the whole Loomis, St Croix and all the rest that jumped in. Now I'm turning back into a Fenwick guy, they are great value for dollars spent. If you go up in dollars from the Elete Tech or HMG the difference become very slight to me. That's only my opinion and everyone has one on their favorite rods. Nobody wants to admit they just spent $300 and up for a rod and it was a mistake.

Thanks for all the positive reviews I just pulled the trigger on a Fenwick Elite tech Walleye jigging spinning rod 6'3" and Abu Garcia UltraCast Cardinal C4001i Spinning Fishing Reel 5.1:1 Gear Ratio 7 ball bearings to go on it.

Been a hard-core Fenwick man for many, many years. I don't even look at other rods. For the value, and quality, there's just nobody out there that compares.

Anything Fenwick has got my support.

Yeah, I am another Fenwick lover for the same reasons. 21 rods and counting ... took every ounce of restraint not to pull the trigger on a great deal on one of their new Aetos rods at the Northwest Sports Show. Pair these with one of many great Plueger reels (Supremes are my go to) and you got a great combo.

We were able to get 2 combo packages at the MLPS Sportshow last year. The FET 6'6" jigging rods with a Pflueger Supreme spinning reel with Power Pro 10lb line and they even threw in a hoodie and tshirt too. All that for $139 each - just had to get them.

I managed to break a tip off one of them and Fenwick replaced it right away no problem - GREAT SERVICE.

We were able to get 2 combo packages at the MLPS Sportshow last year. The FET 6'6" jigging rods with a Pflueger Supreme spinning reel with Power Pro 10lb line and they even threw in a hoodie and tshirt too. All that for $139 each - just had to get them.

I managed to break a tip off one of them and Fenwick replaced it right away no problem - GREAT SERVICE.

Got mine at Reeds last opener for the same deal. Almost walked away from it until the BIL slapped me in the face. The combo is listed now for $249.

June 8-23 fishing Bear Head and Birch lakes by Ely proved to me this rod is truly a keeper. Very easy to tell if it was a light hold from a walleye bite or weed. Plus rod had enough power-back bone to handle several plus 30" northern. Both wife's G Loomis walleye rod and my Fenwick Elite Walleye exceeded our high expectations! Thanks for all the positive comments in helping me pull the trigger on this purchase.

Tink

Thanks for reporting back on your findings. I picked up a 7-2" Elite Tech Walleye Series spinning rod before the season started and it is my go-to rod now for live bait duties. Like you mentioned, it has the perfect tip section to feel the fish pick up the bait but enough backbone to handle bigger fish to get them boat-side. I'm really digging this rod. Bye bye St Croix Avid.