• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2000 AC 500 issue

forcedtowork

My 2000 AC 500 started acting up today on the lake, first on the tailer it started fine and ran for a while then killed for no reason, finally got it going again then ran fine the rest of the time until on the way into shore we were going along it started making a popping sound and eventually killed, couldn't get it going again so we pushed it for a while, then it started again and ran fine all the way to shore, then started popping again and killed. Got it going again and while idiling it killed. What would cause this? I pulled the plug and it looked fine, would it a bad coil or carb issue or both? It has plenty of power. I replaced the plug and it still does the same as above.

Sounds to me like bad gas. Perhaps you have water in it. Try adding some seafoam to the tank. May take a while for it to work through the system though.

have you changed your fuel filter recently? This would be a good time to do it. Also, I believe that model has a fuel selector switch with reserve right? Try putting it on reserve (regardless of how much fuel is actually in the tank). The pickup is more toward the bottom of the tank and perhaps that will make a difference.

My old man has had some problems with fuel lines and the connections. They would leak, not so much that you would leak gas out, but that air would get in and it would lose vacuum. He replaced all fuel lines and went with some steel threaded cable clamps (along with replacing fuel filter) and no issues since.

Thanks for the advice, I will try the above mentioned and replace the plug. I will replace the fuel filter as well. It is getting low on gas, so I will top it off with some 91 octane and add seafoam and see what happens, I just don't want to get stranded on the lake and have to push it again so I will do some test runs at home first and see how it acts before I bring it in for service. It does have the reserve selector on it as well.