• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gander Mountain to Open Firearms 'Super Center' in Minn.

bd477

I havnt been a fan of GM since they went to being more of a clothing store so I suspect this will be a gun and clothing store. However I will stop at least once to check it out on my way to C and may even buy a gun if the price is right. At least a guy will be able to compare prices easily and maybe even negotiate a better price on one.

Agree with the replies regarding Gander Mtn. The one in the Brainerd area is almost a "ghost town". As was said, prices are way too high. Glad we have the new Mills Gun Shop and the Mills store right across the street.

I never could figure out how the Brainerd Gander could stay in business with Fleet Farm just across the road.

I am always happy to have another gun store opening nearby. I shopped the Gander in Maple Grove quite a bit before it went out of business. There prices were competitive. I like a store small enough that I can get in and get out without 25 minutes of parking and walking. Without Gander here I have been pretty much shopping fleet farm exclusively (they were always cheaper to beginwith). I hit Cabelas for hard to find items that I can't wait to order on amazon.

Our Gander store always seems to never have prices marked, often times the stuff is just laying on unmarked shelves or the floor, the help runs the other way when you want to ask them about something, or it is out of stock. I asked a worker one time when they were constantly out of stock on duck decoys why they don't order more just before peak times, and the response was that "the stores don't order items, we get what headquarters thinks we need." Enough said.

Fleet Farm is good on prices for the cheap stuff, but they are woefully short on moderate to upper end sporting goods. The brands they carry are entry level stuff. For quality gear, Cabelas is about as good as it gets and if you work their coupons and bargain cave, the prices arent too bad.

Gander is laughable in terms of pricing. I had some insider knowledge a few years back on a product and to call what they did gouging was to be kind.

i stopped in today ammo prices for my 300 Win and 7mm about $7 more expensive a box for what i shoot, i wasn't impressed really lots of stuff yes but wasn't impressed with service they were pretty dead in the middle of the day and still no one asks if you need help.

I am excited about this store opening. Have not been by just yet but will very soon. We discussed the topic in another forum here at HSO awhile back:

Click Here

Unfortunately someone had to lock the topic in the other forum frown so it's nice to see this thread is going decently. smile

Went back tonight to get a shotgun cleaner for trap shooting. Walked up to 3 employees talking stood there for a min and them walked out when none of them would stop and even look at me. Done with that place already. Cabelas will be the only stop on that road.

disliking the big C now.

Not stocked up with the new Beamans I wanted to chack out

and other things like lack of archery assistance.

Seems C goes through a few emps annually.

I'll be checking out the new store called Archery Country behind Taco Bell, which happens to be on the road to Cabs. I know they sell Hoyt

would rather see sportsmans again..

I just do not see Gander making it. I have been in a few of thier stores over the years and unless I hear that they are better than b4, I will not bother to go to any of thier stores.

Staff seemed to be less than knowledgable, prices not that great nor was the inventory at least for what I was looking for.