• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish Fry for Let's Go Fishing With Seniors

It's that time of year again, our annual fish fry now has extended hours so those of you who work in the Grand Rapids area can run over for lunch. Lot's of prizes being given away. This is an important fundraiser for us as we need to meet our annual budget of $10,000. Last year our program served 1300 seniors, vets and now local youth. We completed 133 trips from May through September. Most of those served would never have the chance to get out on the water to fish or just for a relaxing cruise if not for this program. Participants are not charged anything for their trips, we supply all the equipment, bait, snacks and water. Our program is run totally by volunteers who love what we do. We are always looking for donations by businesses for raffle prizes and volunteers to join our program. Come and have a great meal and help us help others. laugh

full-22884-31785-fishfry.jpg

Leech you are so funny, yes our soft water fishing begins Monday May 13th. We kick off our program that week by taking at least 200 kids fishing over a 4 day span. This will be our third year doing this and I am happy to say I have participated all 3 years. Last year I captained the pontoon 3 days in a row all day with a torn meniscus in my right knee. I had my doctor put off the surgery to repair it just so I wouldn't miss it.

Oh, was I suppose to read this line?

"We completed 133 trips from May through September"? whistle

Have fun and hope a lot of people can make it out. I'll be trying to find big bird that day! wink