• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Not trying to tease ya or anything but I have buddies that go to school up there and hammer the birds in the fall. They hit up a number of public lakes. My advice would be to get a map showing the public land and start scouting, there's a number of little honey holes up there. I'd tell ya specifics, but would probably get my a** whooped. smile.gif Just need to get off the beaten path.

[This message has been edited by smallies24 (edited 05-04-2004).]

oh i dont mind if you get your a$$ beat. You can tell me. Thanks for the advice. I just did not think there was alot of migrants since it is far from the miss. river. But I am off this weekend to hunt some turkey's - so I will get a little break from the hunting blues. If anyone has any specific areas please feel free to tell away. I'll buy the beer for the upset friends.

You will still get migrants later in the year. From what they've told me later in the year you can expect some mallards, ringnecks and quite a few bufflehead and goldeneyes. If you find a few of the flooded timber spots you'll run into some great woody action in the earlier part of the season. I know one lake they've hunted that was hit and miss was a Rice lake, they also pulled some nice crappies outta there in the winter.