• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

twins

knoppers

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's early it's early. For right now I don't want to hear the words former MVP, don't want to hear that for a few months. 2 nights in a row with the sacks juiced, a game changing at bat facing righties with no room to put him, they come at him and he looked_________. Sick maybe ? One that certainly has the best bat control in the game. I've rarely seen him deliver in the biggest moment of the game, seen him deliver a lot in 12-4 games etc. rarely the close game, but tonight's a new night and for Joe's sake it's a good thing there's 162 of em.

Joe will get his hits that count, it's a long season.

With the line up we have, it is going to be a LONG season too.

Not to be negative but what have the Polands done to make this team anything close to a contender? It is going to be a long season as our pitchers if we are honest are medium at the very best. Our htting line up is also questionable.

If it were for a few balls dropping in for the first 4 games or so, we would maube have 2 wins.

I see no way this team will be any more competitive than last year.

I guess we will have to wait and see. I am hoping it will turn out better but I just do not see it in the line up the Twins have. We did not gain much in our pitching staff to say they will be alot better either, way to many questions yet to be answered.

I read Gardy isn't happy with Hicks effort, then sit Joe down too and tell him I'm disgusted with your bases loaded efforts the past 2 nights, do you need to sit down for a couple, cmon geezus. 1 RBI 2 walks 10 K's, I'm sorry but that's just plain awful regardless of your contract or who you are or what time of the year it happens or where you bat in the line-up. You start out 9 games like that in high school and you're wearing a JV suit in a hurry. Bet Tom Brunansky is concerned lol. He turns 30 on the 19th Joe that is. The catcher really needs to be the leader like it or not whether you're hitting or not. Since Thome has left I haven't seen much leadership coming from any of em. Lead by example fine but if you're not providing any examples then are you leading. Take a bat Joe and go Carl pavano on a water cooler so I know you truly care. If he showed me any signs of life like that I'd be off his case honestly.

And if the Twins hadn't signed Mauer, everyone would be

yelling and scraming that the Twins never keep the

good ones....I can remember people complaining when

the old heros like Killer and Herbie would strike out.

Jeepers, bench them or trade them. Or Frankie V. would

give up a dinger.

Lighten up folks..Billy Smith ruined the team and Ryan is

trying to work some magic to get them back.

In my opinion, we are ahead of last year, and by the way...Kansas

City is way ahead of last year. They just might surprise everybody. KC took off at the end of last year and looks for real.

There are enough sticks on the Twins to get hitting again.

And look at the good side, no Pavano, Baker or Blackburn or Valentia or Casilla or Butera. Things have to get better.

Not only has Mauer not been hitting, his defense has been terrible as well. Seems like if it's in the dirt it's going to the back stop. On top of that his situational hitting has been bad. Twice last series he came up with no outs and a guy on 2nd and hit lazy fly balls to left. All he has to do is put it on ground to the right side and we have a guy on 3rd with 1 out. I know he isn't a pull hitter, but he was getting inside pitches and just putting lazy fly balls to left. Oh and both times Willingham flew out for useless outs that would have been sac fly's had Mauer advanced the runner.

all aspects of there game is bad now, they need to get it going in the homestand. playing the mets may help at home, with the NL team needing a DH.

the last game was very bad, bases loaded in the 1st and 2nd innings, and no runs, bases loaded and no outs, and no runs is unacceptable.

I predict that hicks strikes out in the first inning Friday. sick

And if the Twins hadn't signed Mauer, everyone would be

yelling and screaming that the Twins never keep the good ones....

Current practices of the Twins org. doesn't produce good players. They (players) need to leave for another team to show their worth. Another team that will bench them for lackluster play.

IMO baseball has become too much of a gentleman's game. Especially the Twins where people like Mauer aren't held accountable. Light a fire under their a$$ or get rid of them.

The problems are the guaranteed contracts. They need to make it so you are able to walk out from a contract if the player decides he has his money now, no sense practicing, and trying to better myself.

Mauer will be fine and he is now maiking better contact. The dude will contend for another batting title and will be on one of the worse teams in baseball. He is still one of the best hitters in baseball no matter what we say on here. His RBI's might be less this year because there will be less guys on for him (hope I'm wrong). I would bet he will be over .330 this year. This year batting in the two spot he might meet that 200 hit mark.I think they said he would get around 20 or so extra at bats this year batting there.

I have to give props to Joe Mauer, the past 2 nights are big reasons we won the game. My thing with Joe is and was yes top 5 hitter in baseball, but do those hits actually help us to win like if he's 2-5 in a game .400, but do those hits contribute to a win or a chance to win often times he isn't the best hitter of that ballgame meaning coming through to help us win like he's doing, he swung with authority and confidence, not defensively, liked it a lot. Now back to focusing on snow geese ! Before I go though, Joe is doing well when you think of the big picture, now married, twins on the way which is way cool, etc. Lots more on his mind and he's still separating ball and family very well. He turns 30 tomorrow which is another medium big change when you leave your 20's. Back to White Geese.

Yes, the Twins won 2 from Chicago. Bout one of the worst teams in baseball.

Glad to see Mauer hitting so well but thats about all the Twins have.

Looks like the White Sox'a could be the last place team and the Twins a bit ahead of them in 4th. Chicago has nothing.

I don't think the Sox are one of the worst teams in baseball. They have great starting pitching. I think the Twins will have a much better record than last year because the rotation looks at least respectable and last year it was the worst I've ever seen. They had a good bullpen last year, this year it looks even better.