• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
FisH_SLaYer24

Fishing Plastics Storage Idea

I never really liked the idea of having a binder to hold all of my plastics when I am out in the boat because they usually don't hold enough packages or they always find a way to leak/tear. I came up with this idea last season on a better way (at least for me) to store all of my plastics.

IMG_0832_zpsf5a900cc.jpg

I went out and bought four of the Plano Spinnerbait tackle boxes and ended up pulling the plastic inserts out of each one of them except for my Crappie Plastics box.

IMG_0831_zps445e284e.jpg

The above image is a side view of the panfish plastics that I have. I left the inserts inside this tackle box because it is very easy to separate the tubes from the twister tails and the other style plastics. Also, the dividers allow me to be able to locate which type of plastic very quickly, instead of having to sort through all of the tiny panfish plastic packages inside the box.

IMG_0830_zps5007e22d.jpg

Above is just an overhead view of how the panfish plastics box looks. Notice how the inserts separate each style of plastic.

IMG_0829_zpsb25a7c10.jpg

Other than panfish plastics, I also use the spinnerbait boxes for my walleye and bass plastics as well. It works very well without the inserts for the bigger plastics because I can just flip through the packages and find the style that I am looking to use on any particular day.

I hope this tip helps keep you guys a little more organized when you're out in the boat and it also will give you a little project to feed that open water itch that a lot of us are getting at the moment! wink

Those are nice, but they are imitating the top container made by Flambeau.

These Flambeaus are the best two boxes I could find for storing all my plastics. Any knockoff brands I own end up in a ziplock bag in the shallow box and the name brand plastics go in the taller box.

They sell for about 12 bucks at Fleet Farm

[img:right]http://4510_zps085ce383.jpg

[img:center]http://9007_zps6485c4ee.jpg

Rawhog, thanks for the find! Those are even an upgrade from what I modified. It also looks like I could have one big box instead of my smaller individual boxes.

No problem brotha! What you have are perfect until they start overflowing with plastics lol, so no need to upgrade until then. Its all about being organized and finding that perfect bait ASAP!

Super idea, I just would need about 10 to keep all my plastics.

Holy balls^ I only need 3! I bet you could fit 30 full bags of plastics and 60 half-full bags of plastics in one of the tall boxes if you utilized every single square inch wouldnt be pretty/organized)

I prefer the Plano spinnerbait case because it is smaller. Have lots of larger containers, but don't generally need/want that many plastics with me. The Plano allows for better portability. Still, nice product by Flambeau.