• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2013 Early Departures List

solbes

Its that crappy time of year again when we all pucker up and see who goes. According to USCHO (link below), a few WCHA guys have already departed. Noteables include:

Andrej Sustr D Nebraska-Omaha Jr. Tampa Bay (NHL) 9-16-25 (39)

Chris Casto D Minnesota-Duluth So. Boston (NHL) 3-6-9 (36)

Dan DeKeyser D Western Michigan Jr. Detroit (NHL) 2-13-15 (35)

Jon Merrill D Michigan Jr. Albany (AHL) * 2-9-11 (21)

Anders Lee F Notre Dame Jr. NY Islanders (NHL) 20-18-38 (41)

Nate Schmidt D Minnesota Jr. Washington (NHL) 9-23-32 (40)

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/early-departures-2013/#ixzz2PKlPdSxG

Dang you Casto. Our team already blows, we needs all the help we can get.

Schmiddy is gone. I suppose Bjuggie is gone if he wants to head to Florida. Will Haula stay, or Budish?

I think Bjugs left last year but still played for us this season. Haula is gone for sure, I think that is in the Wild's plans as well.

Budish could go as well, Alt and Skjei are possible too just based on their draft positions. There is always the possibility of a surprise departure as well. It's going to be a very different looking gopher team next year.

Why would Haula leave to play minor league hockey unless he doesn't like the way the team is going.

What? Where is this coming from? All these guys have NHL dreams and that is why the sign. Haula has proven more than most at this level and we were lucky enough to keep him through his Jr year, these days you can't ask for much better than that.

I understand the dream and if he can make it then Rau probably isn't far behind.

Alt can go. He was none existent most of the season. I like Skjie another year or 2 would be nice from him. Condon is the one I am worried about jumping. He had maybe a hand full of bad games, the rest he was very good.

Condon was non existent through the playoffs. I don't think condon or alt are any risk of leaving. Bjugstad, haula, budish and obviously Schmidt will be gone. That's a ton of scoring leaving. We will probably dress 8 freshmen next or at least 6.

Most of the team was non existent in the 2 playoff games.

And last 5 or 6 weeks of season....they did not play with the same intesity as the first 1/2 of the season I thought.

We will see Bjugs and Haula follow. Sources has Budish gone as well just not confirmed yet,

Saw that too Quack, looks like you guys don't have to worry about Budish being our captain next year.

Would have loved to have him back but he's been here 4 years so I can see him wanting to move on.

NCHC EARLY SIGNINGS

Denver (1)

Scott Mayfield, so, D, New York Islanders

Minnesota Duluth (1)

Chris Casto, so, D, Boston Bruins

Nebraska Omaha (1)

Andrej Sustr, jr, D, Tampa Bay Lightning

North Dakota (1)

Derek Forbort, jr, D, Los Angeles Kings

Western Michigan (1)

Danny DeKeyser, jr, D, Detroit Red Wings

BIG TEN EARLY SIGNINGS