• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What are the best hunting dogs?

School

They are all pretty good if you get one from a good breeding that hunts in a way you are comfortable with. What kind of birds do you hunt for? And would you prefer a dog that flushed birds or pointed them?

I was looking into getting a hunting dog and wanted to know what are the best kind. Thanks

Not trying to be an smarta$$, but that's a pretty open question. The best kind is the kind that hunts. It all depends on what you want. Pointer, flusher, waterfowl, etc. How big of a dog, what kind of personality, is it going to be a family dog, etc.

If you can give us more to go on, that would be helpful.

Mr. School, please do a bunch more research on hunting and hunting with dogs. And how to train and care for and handle a hunting dog. There is no such thing as a "best hunting dog" as the guys have already said.

I suspect, and I mean no disrespect, that you need to gather a lot more information before you take on a dog. Best thing for you. And the best thing for the dog.

Thank you.

Mr. School, please do a bunch more research on hunting and hunting with dogs. And how to train and care for and handle a hunting dog. There is no such thing as a "best hunting dog" as the guys have already said.

I suspect, and I mean no disrespect, that you need to gather a lot more information before you take on a dog. Best thing for you. And the best thing for the dog.

Thank you.

Especially if maybe you are still in "school" and just having some fun on a forum? wink

I don't know guys, it's a fairly straightforward question with a clearcut answer: German wirehaired pointer.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is either a liar or lab lover, neither of which you want to associate with, Mr. School.

Trust me.

wink

I don't know guys, it's a fairly straightforward question with a clearcut answer: German wirehaired pointer.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is either a liar or lab lover, neither of which you want to associate with, Mr. School.

Trust me.

wink

Now look what ya dun did...

full-28328-31765-lab.jpg

Ya dun hurt his feelings....

Trust me.

wink

I'm with Tyler on the Wirehair thing....as long as you shave their face and get them to quit killing cats (In which case they are German Shorthairs).

Okay! Enough already. I would have thought you guys would have figured out way back when that the original post was a joke, probably posted by some mindless member of the younger generation because he or she had nothing to do in class at that moment.

I suspect they have long left the scene and thus missed all the nice helpful answers that have been posted.

Including mine. LOL

With the single exception of Bass Ale the beers found in this part of the world are swill, brewed (more or less) of a mixture of chemicals and feed mill floor sweepings, and produced to be slopped down by the great unwashed and unknowing masses.

The last dependable, rugged and go anywhere truck available was the Mercedes UniMog.

And what was the third thing........

OK, fine he's gone. Can someone now please tell me which is the best truck, beer and football team?

Best truck would be one that's not giving you problems, best beer is a cold one, and as far as football teams go, anyone I can drive my truck to the game and drink cold beer on the tailgate before the game is good!

I have to bake cookies for a huge group and was wondering if anyone knows any fast and easy home made cookie recipes?

I think the best hunting dog is one that can make home made cookies for a huge group! wink

OK, fine he's gone. Can someone now please tell me which is the best truck, beer and football team?

Those are easy...

Truck - NONE! They all burn gas & oil and go through tires

Beer - Doesn't matter they all suffer the same fate the only difference is the urnal they are flushed from.