• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
liebs

Transducer cable question

I just purchased a Lowrance Elite-7 HDI Combo and am trying to figure out how to run the transducer cable to where the transducer will be mounted to the transom. I was thinking of drilling a hole next to the bracket and sealing with a sealant around the cable. A guy at Cabela's told me that he'd run it over the top of the transom rather than drilling a 1 inch hole. What do you do? If you run it over the top, how do you secure the cable? Clips of some sort? If clips, where would I get them? The boat is aluminum, an old Sylvan 16ft open bow that we converted into a fishing boat. Thanks..

I run my up to one of the transom drain holes, then went through the rubber cable boot on the side of the motor well and pulled it through there up to the contols area. But some plug ends maybe to large to fit into the drain holes in the transom? wink

So are the clips stick on or screwed in? Glad I asked about drilling through the transom. Thanks for your responses...

"So are the clips stick on or screwed in? Glad I asked about drilling through the transom. Thanks for your responses"

You can get either at many hardware or automotive stores.