• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

So... Got a reservation in Bayfield this coming weekend and was wondering if there would be any possibilities of getting out on the big lake near Port Wing or Cornucopia? I know the Bayfield area is a bust... Maybe in Michigan? up to Ontanogan?

Still dragging my boat over... figure we can do some work on it, the poles, and tackle if nothing else... A good weekend to get away and have a cocktail or two..

I'm sure I'll have my river stuff with also... maybe venture over to the Brule...

We told the wives it a men's crafting weekend if no fishing is done... wink

the landing in bark bay is the only landing that might be open. from the noaa satellite images it sure looks like it is free of ice. wish i could say for sure, but im down in hayward and also want to drag some cranks. maybe someone will get over that way and let a guy know. so sick of jiggin through 8 inch hole.

We'll the boat is making the voyage... I figure even if it doesn't hit the water I can do some work on it so it all up to snuff for later...

..So far I've added a new graph/gps unit (install that this weekend); 2 new tires for trailer; new prop (since I hit a dead head on the Rainy last fall); and now need new bow light (noticed it got crunched in storage... and then we'll start with the poles..tackle...etc...

So we'll have plenty to do... and then maybe a cocktail and some Prime Rib to keep our spirits up... grin

Back from our trip to Bayfield... The boat never saw any open water, but we did get a lot accomplished.

We checked both Port Wing and Cornucopia... Not a chance... Both bays and Harbors were full of chunk ice and bigger sheets not far away... I don't see boat fishing in this area for at least a week if not two, and that depends on the weather (if it'll ever warm up) and the winds..

As far as Bayfield area... that still locked up tight and looks like that might not happen till the end of the month or beginning of May..

If you looking to fish, call Rock Inn and Bait out of Ashland, they'll get you on the fish... we stopped in and they gave us the low down.. Just make sure to bring your ice fishing gear.. we didn't... but were told they had up to 2' of ice out in the bay in some area..

Now you could bring your waders and steelhead gear... all of the rivers are doing fine and taking fish...

Back to the boats... not going to happen... I brought mine with and really didn't expect to launch it... Our crew got it ready for the open water though... new graph wired in... put new line on all the poles and worked on some tackle... plus a few cocktails and some really good meals...

I have to say hats off to Mike at the Seagull Bay Motel... top notch place for minimal expense...