• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Possible state record walleye

DTro

The MN river finally opened up here in the past few days, So I decided to hit a shore spot near a bridge and try to rustle up a few white bass.   There was a nice rocky edge with a current seam and pool that looked tasty.  So I tossed a twister tail on the seam and worked it back.

On about my fourth cast, I feel a major slam of my rod.  The tell tale sign of a big walleye nailing it.  I set the hook and felt nothing but weight.  This usually means I snagged a big flathead or carp, yet the jig got hit so I was pretty sure I didn’t snag anything.  I knew right away it wasn’t’ a white bass so the only think I could think was a walleye, pike, or maybe a channel cat.

The fish made a couple of good runs, until finally it gave up and let me see it.  I just about passed out when I see its head, so even though the water was about 34 degrees, I had to get a picture of it, so I stepped in to make sure I could get a handle on the beast.

By far the biggest walleye I’ve caught and the biggest one I’ve ever seen in person.   I seen a guy riding his bike up on the trail, so I flagged him down to take a pic of me.  I didn’t have a scale, but I did a quick measurement with a tape and it was 36” long with a 21” girth which should put in the high teens and maybe even 20.  I couldn’t believe here I was there looking the state record walleye right in the kisser and nobody was going to believe me.  Of course the fish is out of season so I quietly slipped it back in the water and did a quick fist pump as I watched it swim away.

full-105-31649-img_20130401_083728.jpg

The fish is 100% absolutely real.

HAHAHAHA Fish might be real but question is how big is the original before altering?

I have read so many April Fools emails and stories already this morning......love April Fools Day!