• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
DTro

Possible state record walleye

The MN river finally opened up here in the past few days, So I decided to hit a shore spot near a bridge and try to rustle up a few white bass.   There was a nice rocky edge with a current seam and pool that looked tasty.  So I tossed a twister tail on the seam and worked it back.

On about my fourth cast, I feel a major slam of my rod.  The tell tale sign of a big walleye nailing it.  I set the hook and felt nothing but weight.  This usually means I snagged a big flathead or carp, yet the jig got hit so I was pretty sure I didn’t snag anything.  I knew right away it wasn’t’ a white bass so the only think I could think was a walleye, pike, or maybe a channel cat.

The fish made a couple of good runs, until finally it gave up and let me see it.  I just about passed out when I see its head, so even though the water was about 34 degrees, I had to get a picture of it, so I stepped in to make sure I could get a handle on the beast.

By far the biggest walleye I’ve caught and the biggest one I’ve ever seen in person.   I seen a guy riding his bike up on the trail, so I flagged him down to take a pic of me.  I didn’t have a scale, but I did a quick measurement with a tape and it was 36” long with a 21” girth which should put in the high teens and maybe even 20.  I couldn’t believe here I was there looking the state record walleye right in the kisser and nobody was going to believe me.  Of course the fish is out of season so I quietly slipped it back in the water and did a quick fist pump as I watched it swim away.

full-105-31649-img_20130401_083728.jpg

Very nice DTro, glad it worked out for you to get a pic of the monster. You gonna do a little more walleye fishin this year?

that is the worst April Fools picture and story I have ever seen...Good try DTRO!!! lol

is that a catfish whisker hanging off the back side of its mouth?

Hahah I'm so gullible before I have my coffee on 4/1. It takes an hour or two for me to program that's its April Fools in my brain.

The fish is 100% absolutely real.

HAHAHAHA Fish might be real but question is how big is the original before altering?

I have read so many April Fools emails and stories already this morning......love April Fools Day!

The fish is 100% absolutely real.
"Big fish, your face looks like a photoshop..."

These two statements may be 100% true then! grin

I figured nobody would believe me...forgot about the day it was. The fish has not been alerted.

I'm amazed at how many record fish are caught on April 1st every year. Must be a perfect moon phase or something :-P

Yes he must have had a table saw accident,Seems his little finger on his left hand has been amputated

the fish could be real...the dimensions given and your face in the picture are not true to that original picture....haha