• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Team #6 "Gobbling Gonzos" Official Site

PFUNK

HSO Team 6

bigbucks

hunter322

Danomite

PFUNK

Fins-n-feathers - Y

Abndoc

Alrighty everyone... let's all get checked in by letting each other know when and where we are going to be hunting. I'll be hunting Merriams in western Montana and the season opens up April 13th. Spring came early here and the birds are already really active. If anyone has any good team names go ahead and share those here. Looking forward to another spring chasing gobblers!

How about gobling gonzos? Im hunting Easterns in MN in the north metro. My season is season b(april 22-26). I have yet to harvest a long beard but have passed on many jakes and a bearded hen. Im supper excited for this years hunt because during deer season i saw umpteen toms with 7" plus beards. I had a flock of about 15 of em walk in front of me one day. I cant wait! Good luck to all!

I will be chasing the big chickens in the late seasons for both MN and Wi. Since I drew first season in both states last year I knew I'd be hosed this year. This years scouting looks awfully promising, but we'll see. There a few monsters strutting around out there.

Hunting season a and d in wisconsin. Will be out this weekend with my son for the wisconsin youth season..hoping to get him his first bird. Starting out with the bow, will see how that goes!! long beards for everyone!!

Looks like everyone except for bigbucks is checked in. Does anyone have any other team names other than the gobblin gonzos? That one is cool with me but thought I'd check once more before we make it final? Looking forward to the season everyone! I start chasing toms on saturday. I'll be guiding the significant other and once she has a bird on the ground I'll be ready to give my trigger finger a workout. Good luck everyone.

Does anyone have any other team names other than the gobblin gonzos? That one is cool with me but thought I'd check once more before we make it final?

Let me know if this is your final answer and I will make it so. smile Someone needs to make an executive decision.

Let me know if this is your final answer and I will make it so. smile Someone needs to make an executive decision.

That is true... just wanna make sure we have an epic team name when it comes time to carve it into the trophy! shockedwink

Well... came oh so close today on the opener. Was set up along a boundary between public and private ownership and got an answer from a bird on the private. Kept sweet talking and it turned out to be a group of four gobblers. They came on the run and crossed the fence onto public. They were closing and at 75 yards when the bad weather blew in. Just like that the wind was howling over 30 mph and the snow started to dump like mad. Those birds shut up, turned right around, and headed back into the thicker cover on the private land. One heck of a bad break. Unfortunately they are calling for snow again tomorrow and highs in the 30's. Should be another tough day, but who knows.

Sorry guys, I haven't been on fishingmn much lately & kind of forgot about the team contest. I'm hunting Eastern's in MN starting on Saturday, 4/27, looks like lots of birds in my areas so I'm quite optimistic. I'm just hoping the snow's at least mostly gone by then, still averaging about a foot deep I'd say.

Lined up a new spot yesterday, landowner said there's about 50 birds coming in each day... They're still so flocked up because of all the snow & lack of food. I was getting worried as the birds aren't really in their normal spring haunts.

Find the food boys, that's where they are. Corn stubble or an active feedlot are gold right now.

I think it would be accurate to say I'm stoked for the new spot!

Always nice to know you've got a great spot lined up! Can't wait to hear how it turns out. Unfortunately I came up empty last Saturday. Hunted with a buddy and we split up to cover more ground and locate the birds. I had 4 or 5 gobblers going but they were a ways onto private and must have been with hens. Wouldnt come closer. Of course he ended up killing a bird 15 yards from where I shot mine last year. We have now killed 3 birds within 100 yards of each other on that ridgeline. I'll be going back next weekend possibly, but i have a week reserved on a piece of private land down the Bitterroot valley starting saturday. Haven't been down there lately so not sure which way I wanna go.

Thought I would help keep us on the first page at least. Been a little quiet here. Our property is looking good, hopefully it will continue to do so. My 9 year old who is on the Gobble Kings, got one opening morning of the A season. A nice bird, better than my personal best. The one he shot is one of about 3 or 4 that are pretty nice. Hoping I get a chance at one of those birds here shortly...

Well we're on the board boys. Not officially yet, have to do measurements & fill out the form tonight, but I shot one this morning. C ends tomorrow & I hadn't had a bird in range, although this was only the second morning hunt, along with two evening hunts. My spots were going great & they kind of dried up about last Thursday.

It's a jake, nice sized bird. I'd roosted a long beard last night, I saw him heading to the roost from the road about 7:45pm. I had two gobbling to me for 2 hours this am, but they wouldn't come down to the meadow. They were with at least one hen, she was talking to, but didn't want to come down. I was setup where they usually come out & fan & loaf enroute to food in the mornings. I finally went up in after them & one came basically trotting-fast walking down the trail I was going up on. It was a big bird & gobbling while coming through the trees. I didn't even look at his beard I just waited for a clear shot as I knew he was going to see me. I was really surprised he was a jake. 34 steps, but they were probably short, so about 30 yards. Fun hunt, glad to get one in range. Funny to see the shot cup laying right beside the bird.

Congrats on the birds boys! And thank you for taking some of the pressure off! I came close saturday and sunday last weekend but the birds keep humbling me! I am checking out a new area tomorrow after work and have thursday off so I am really hoping to get one on the ground too.

Nice bird, good job. You aren't stealing my thunder, I just missed that we had one on the board. Frankly I'm hoping we have enough better scoring birds to knock this bird out, as it doesn't score worth a hoot. But a dead bird scores more than an empty license & with the time I had left & the weather I was starting to look at no bird pretty hard.

Well tack another one up for the gobbling gonzos. I got a tom earlier today. I'll post pictures and the story later. Nothing huge, but a lot of work went into getting this one and it feels good.