• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
ssaamm

Costa del Mar Brine

Anyone have any thoughts on these sunglasses? Or are there others that you might suggest? Can use my HSA money through the optometrist so I might splurge a bit. Thanks. Sam

Never used the Brine but Costas are top notch when it comes to sunglasses. I've owned a few pairs and they are very nice.

Anyone have any thoughts on these sunglasses? Or are there others that you might suggest? Can use my HSA money through the optometrist so I might splurge a bit. Thanks. Sam

That's a really good fricken idea. I'm going to check mine now too! How are those Costa del Mars in general? Anybody prefer anything?

Costa 580's are as good as they get!! Just find the frame you like!

I have a few pair of costas in different frames and lenses combinations. As Cecil said, the 580s are second to none for quality in my opinion. But you may have to try a few frames on to find what fit you and your needs best. I really like the man-o-war frames.

Is there a good color lens you guys prefer? It's hard to find one that works well in both sunny conditions and overcast conditions.

Silver or Green Mirror are great for cloudy/all around, blue mirror for sunny.

Went with the Man-o-war frame. Do those black, plastic pieces stay put pretty well or are they popping off once in awhile? Couldn't do the 580 glass. With a prescription pushed the bill to about $700. Made me laugh out loud. Went the plastic rout for about 1/2 that. Unless they float can't spend that kind of dough. Thanks for the info. Those bass are getting hungry! Historically, Spring comes every year. Hang in there, Sam

I don't own the man-o-war's but know a few guys that do and have never heard of them falling out

580s are awesome. I also like Ocean Waves, especially in the backwater green lens color.

Shades are the one thing a guy really shouldn't skimp on. Being out on the water, you're at high risk for long term eye damage if you don't protect yourself. If you've ever come off the lake with eyes that feel tired or a low grade headache, that's eye strain.

Cheap lenses do very little to protect your eyes from strain or UV damage. You need to look for lenses that are UL rated. Cheap shades may say the block UV, but they only block UV-A and UV-B...so will a piece of colored plastic. To be UL rated, lenses have to also block UV-C, which is the UV band that has been shown to cause eye damage from long term exposure.

Cheap lenses also have low optical quality. They distort the image you see, and your eyes constantly try to correct for it. That's why your eyes feel 'tired.' Again, long term that can cause premature eye damage. Cheap polycarbonate lenses are terrible for this, high end poly are somewhat better, but nothing beats high quality glass.

As far as not wanting to spend the $ on high end shades because you always drop them, lose them, sit on them, or whatever...believe me, when you drop a large chunk of change on a pair of fishing glasses, you suddenly get very good at keeping track of them and taking care of them. I have 5 pairs of good fishing glasses, and I can tell you exactly where each of them is at this very second smile

Seriously - guys that wear the $15 cheapies...do your eyes a favor and get a good pair of glasses. You'll be glad you did in the long run.

Cheers,

RK

I definitely can feel a difference in my eyes from when I went from cheap to 580g. I also could tell a difference from the cheaper costas to the 580g. You can find a great deal on the 580g on the bay of E.

Went with the Man-o-war frame. Do those black, plastic pieces stay put pretty well or are they popping off once in awhile? Couldn't do the 580 glass. With a prescription pushed the bill to about $700. Made me laugh out loud. Went the plastic rout for about 1/2 that. Unless they float can't spend that kind of dough. Thanks for the info. Those bass are getting hungry! Historically, Spring comes every year. Hang in there, Sam

I have never had a problem with my man o wars side pieces popping off.

Yeah, prescription Costas paid with pre-tax Flex Plan money is THE way to go if possible.

I have the Brine 580g in blue with a tortoise frame. By far the best sunglasses I've owned for fishing and general use. Got a great deal on an action site and one of the best purchases I've made.

I was in the car with someone that borrowed them on the way back from LOTW recently. He commented that they were ridiculously clear and cut down on glare.

I will let you guys know hom my Maui Jim's go. Got a free pair with my Lasik on Friday. Supposedly they have really high end lenses.