• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

On Board Charger

BowTech03

My Promarine took a dump last year. It worked well the first season. 2nd season, the casing cracked and gotten real hot and bank 3 stopped charging. Just recently bought a Minnkota 345PC only b/c Minnkota has $50 rebate. Basically, I bought a MSRP: $400+ unit from a can't name HSOforum with rebate. Total: $272.00

Heard lots of good things about the chargers mentioned above but the prices turn me off.

I have a duel 10 amp charger in my boat that I bought in 1988, 25yrs ago that is still working and on its second boat. I don't even remember where I bought it and without looking at it don't know the brand. It has duel needle dials that show the percentage of charge. Now that is getting your money's worth.

Minn Kota is non repairable and "throw away". I was unaware of this before my MK345 started losing banks after the three year waranty ran out.

How did you figure that out. I had issues with mine all of last year and opted to take it out just yesterday and thought I might try to repair it before the season

How did you figure that out. I had issues with mine all of last year and opted to take it out just yesterday and thought I might try to repair it before the season

My red light went on the number one bank and would not go off. I checked the fuse by the battery and replaced it. It blew again right away. Minnkota said the bank was shot. You may be able to fix it yourself, but when I called Minnkota, they told me that they couldn't or wouldn't fix it. I used it with two banks for a bit and then another bank went out.

I called Dual Pro and they told me that if a bank goes out on theirs, they can fix it (Pro or Sportsman).

In 2006 I put a Minn-Kota onboard charger on my Cristmas list. Well Santa showed up with an $89 shumacher two bank charger. It's has worked perfectly ever since. I guess sometimes Santa knows best.