• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Team #8 "SPUR COLLECTORS" Official Site

bluehat28

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CFD200 here. Season 501D. Names, just throwing some out there: Shooting for Bronze, Up early and often, Vestfull Hunters, Crappie Flop Aftershot, Face Full of 5's, Team Dirt Nappin Gobbler.

Greetings guys! I hunt 501 near Winona and have 3 other trips planned starting with the black hills, the badlands and then Kansas. Just a few more names, Gobble Squad, Spur Collectors, Beard Busters, Roost Rompers, And a all time favorite, Widow makers!

I have been hunting turkeys about 32 years. I started when I would make trips to Missouri with my father. Then I started hunting MN when it got easier to get tags. I have attempted with the bow but I usually start with it and finish with the gun. Saw two gobblers out in yards trying to dry off here in Chanhassen yesterday.

FWIW, I've had great luck with larger 3 blade mechanical heads. My choice recently has been the Rocket Mini Blaster.

Heard too horror stories about the two blade Rage not getting the job done on turkeys.

I have heard the stories also, but just like everything shot placement is king. The only thing I am worried about is a complete pass thru. I might even buy the turkey heads to make sure it doesn't go thru all the way (or hopefully anyways) I will check out the 3 blade rockets tho...that sounds good as well!

I'm hoping to try and take my first bird by bow this spring. I'm probably gonna wind up using the rage two blade. With all the snow we just got they might be standing pretty stationary for a shot! Thankfully I've got a little time before I hunt. Had to cancel the Black Hills trip I had for the weekend with the mess out there. Maybe next year!

Hi Guys, Im a late arrival and Im proud to be on your spur collectors team. I will be hunting Iowa Monday for sure and will see if I can make another day depending on work. I typically go out to Nebraska's Pine Ridge Forest Area for about 5 days, but there was a massive fire back in September. The fire burnt thousand's of acres where we hunted, so I probably won't be goin. I will also be hunt ing in MN last seasons with my bow.

Im excited for Iowa, it has treated me pretty good over the last few years. I hunt on public land in the northern part of the state. I will be hunting a piece that was opened out for the first time this year for turkey hunting. The piece is not that big, so I hope nobody will beat me out there. Good Luck to you all.