• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lure buying addiction-what to do with them all?

laker1

Many if not all of us,especially me,I go to a tackle shop and just going to look. Well I end up buying good quality lures that I will never use or need. Embarrased(sp) to say how many,but is there a place you can sell,swap or auction lures and other tackle off? Think there would be a good secondary market someplace?

Many if not all of us,especially me,I go to a tackle shop and just going to look. Well I end up buying good quality lures that I will never use or need. Embarrased(sp) to say how many,but is there a place you can sell,swap or auction lures and other tackle off? Think there would be a good secondary market someplace?

The bay, or what's his name's list. Or here on HSO for that matter.

Last year I decided to sell off all of my excess equipment, rods, reels, cranks, spoons, line, sonars, etc. I put an ad on c-list and my email exploded. Sold everything I had in a couple of weeks. I liked c-list because its basically local and the delivery and money exchange is simple (no mail or delay) The best selling items I had were my crank baits which all sold for close to invested dollar. The downside to c-list is you need to be available for responders to see the stuff and there are lots of low-ballers. HSO auto changed my reference to SEA ---you know what

Once a year I clean out all my tackle that I don't think I will use anymore. This includes rods, reels, plastics, crank baits, hooks and sinkers. I bring them in to work, put it on the lunchroom table and let the guys have at it. If there is anything left, I will find a Cub Scout troop to donate it to. I have the resources to replenish every year. Feels good to pay it forward.

Back about 10 years ago I walked into a GM that had a half-off of clearance sale. Just so happened they had Rapalas on clearance for 2 bucks! So I bought 1100 of them. Cleaned them out. Only $1100! Since I paid with a credit card, it took an hour to print out both receipts..

Had about 5000 crankbaits at one time around then as I scooped up all the deals I could find. Then I sold most of them in hsolist and financed a tournament fishing habit...

Have a few hard to find colors laying around here somewhere.