• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bear hunters...

I am always thinking of bear hunting especially this year. I have hunted a great spot for about 15 years with some friends camping in the woods. Late last fall I bought a cabin in Emily which is on the border of three zones none of which I have hunted before. Now the dilemma, hunt where I have been with great success, camping, no boat/fishing, no freezer, no shower.....etc or try a new area with the benefits provided and an hour closer to home. Also unknown pressure in the area, different landscape, no personal knowledge of the area and looks more difficulty drawing a tag. Yep can't get it off my mind.

Maybe you should hunt more than 12 minutes this time. whistle

Months of excitment before the hunt, 100's of dollar spent on hunting gear, guide fees, and my bear hunt lasted only minutes. See what happens when you go with a good guide wink

The pressure will be on this time, because you know I can shoot a bear but will my guide be able to find me a BIGGER bear?? grin

The pressure will be on this time, because you know I can shoot a bear but will my guide be able to find me a BIGGER bear?? grin

Oh I have bigger bear waiting. Question is can you handle a bigger bear? Or at least wait more than 15 minutes before blasting away?

wink

This time I think you will be sitting in "The Ditch Blind"...that will keep you on your toes. Longest shot out of the ditch blind ever was 8 yards and you are actaully lower then the bear. We will see who is the super hunter then.