• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I have always shot a remington 12 gauge 1100. I use the exact same gun my dad did, kinda of cool. I also use an sp 10. Remington did not have weight as factor in production, that is for sure. My dad uses a benelli montafeltro- 20 gauge. That gun is so light that I almost throw it to far up when shooting. He knocks down just as many birds as I do and does not have to see the docotor after shooting. I would like to try either the winchester SX2 or the SBE but money dictates I use remington.

I've only hunted ducks/geese the last couple years. I've used my Browning BPS 12 gauge 3" with a modified choke and Federal 3 shot. This combo has worked equally well for ducks over dekes and early season geese on water over dekes. I can shoot this gun just about as fast as a guy w/ an auto.

bmc

i shoot a bps love the gun dont think i will ever go to something else.

icebum1 my buddy had a traditions for 1yr. and sold it because he had to send it back to them 3 times because it kept breaking and when they fix it they put used parts in the gun there were all rusty.

Benelli Nova is my gun of choice,
the best thing about it is that you don't need any specail tools or books to take it apart and clean it up. it's also one of the cheaper 3 1/2 in. models ou there.

I agree that a duck gun needs to be able to take abuse and you shouldn't have to worry about it getting scratched or wet.

another testimonial:
went duck hunting and forgot the oars for the boat, so we ended up using the gun stocks for oars.
not sure, but i think that some people wouldn't do that with their expensive semi-autos

Remington 870 Wingmaster 12gauge

Bought that gun shortly after passing gun safety training. I delivered lots & lots of newspapers to pay for that gun. Most expensive thing I ever purchased in my life at that time. I'm 25 now, almost 26 so I've had that gun for about 12 yrs now. Looking back it was a pretty good investment.

Even better story is my deer rifle. Its my great grandpa's gun. Remington 740 Woodsmaster .280 I deer hunt every year with my grandpa and relatives and every year when I get a deer, grandpa has some comment about how proud his dad would be if he was still here. I'm going to have a hard time taking any other rifle into the woods now.