• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Family Muskie Fishing?

Soccer8

Lots of places in MN. Find a muskie lake then see if there are any nice family friendly resorts or camp grounds. Lake Vermilion has got some nice ones and some of the smaller lakes have some cheaper family resorts. The Longville area is great as well. Little boy lake and Wabedo have some smaller resorts.

My vote would be the Bemidji State Park Camp Ground, lots of Family stuff to do and you can keep your boat in a slip so you don't have to worry about launching it every time you want to fish.

Leech and Vermilion would be 2 more great options if you want a cabin. Mantrap is another good one and Mille Lacs would be good too.

It's tough to give more precise reccomendations because I don't know your skill level, what size boat do u have, do u have gps with a map chip and do u want a week, weekend or day trip?

Big Detroit. Have a welcoming type community, lots of summer activities right there, plenty of swimming, beaches and things happening all summer, and you'll be on one of the fastest growing musky lakes in the state meaning the fish themselves. Theory is can't predict the wind and the weather so you'd have plenty of options of things to do if you can't get on the water, I'd steer clear of massive mille lacs or leech, even Cass can get ugly really. You hit the wrong weather and you won't be musky fishing with the family, not that DL is a small pond. If you're into a more scenic area though, the Little Boy area or Bemidji area would have that up north feel about it.

I would recommend the Detroit Lakes area Also. From the City of DL, you have 5 musky lakes within about 20 minutes of each other. One located in a gorgeous State Park. (Maplewood). There are Gators in Big and LIttle Detroit, Sallie, Pelican, Beers, and I have heard of them in Mellissa, though I have not tried to catch one there. And if it is super windy Beers is a small pond of a lake. And Big and Little DL have a couple nice bays to fish in the wind.