• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Internet Explorer 10

Just an FYI,

If you use IE, IE 10 now has a built in spell checker. Great news for me and others that sometime struggle with spelling. grin

It works great, and now I can do away with Ispell or Speckie.

Mike

I removed IE 9 on both my home and work PCs. The thing is a dog!!!

And yeah even with IE 9 I was running into issues with some websites.

For the most part I use only Chrome. Faster and works good with most stuff, but with the routers and switches @ work it is a pain because of some its limitations with Java, so it is back to IE for that.

I use Firefox the majority of the time, but I have several websites that wont run on FF, and I need to revert back to IE. I have updated to IE10, and when I first installed it, some basic stuff didnt work, until Java was updated, and now it works good.

I have tried Chrome, but it seems I have even less compatibility with my sites, and it is more of a hassle switching back and forth all the time.

Comparing Chrome to IE9...well, there's not comparison. Chrome for sure. I can't upgrade to IE10 with Vista so I am not able to try it.

I agree. wink Chrome hangs frequently on my computer. IE9 is almost instant page loads, even on this relatively old Core 2 Duo E6600.

Just an FYI,

If you use IE, IE 10 now has a built in spell checker. Great news for me and others that sometime struggle with spelling. grin

It works great, and now I can do away with Ispell or Speckie.

Mike

Welcome to the nineties wink

Sorry, couldn't resist using that line. I'm a Chrome guy, but they have had issues with their spell check too. I noticed with the new gmail changes their spell check appears to be better. More then once I've had to google the word because chrome can't guess what I'm trying to spell. Google nails it every time.

I tried it for about 10 minutes and 3 of 3 web apps at work refused to work with it, including Microsoft Exchange email. So back to IE 8 for me as 2 of the 3 web apps failed to work with IE9.