• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Since about 75% of my waterfowl hunting is for the big birds I was wondering if the step up from my 870 remington to a browning 10 guage is worth the purchase?
Still would shoot the 870 for ducks.
Do get plenty with the 870, but as the season goes by it seems the shots get a little longer and less fully committed birds to the spread.
Just wondering what you think.

Don't bother with a 10 gauge. All I use is a 3 1/2 inch 12 guage.
You might want to try a Pattern Master choke tube before you spend the money on a new gun. It will greatly improve the range you can be deadly at.
Practice makes perfect. And I'm not perfect.
Snow Goose

------------------
Hunt Snow Geese, Save the tundra

I guess I’m a firm believer in overkill. Early in the season I hunt with a 12 ga. Browning Gold, but later in the season or for the early goose season (or any goose hunting) I use a 10 ga. Browning Gold Light and absolutely love it. It’s only two pounds heavier than the twelve, and it’ll fold ‘em like you wouldn’t believe.

I wouldn’t use the 10 as an excuse to start sky busting though. A 20 ga. would work just fine for that, and probably be just as productive. Plus, the shells would be cheaper!

The new Browning 10 is awesome. I had the older, heavier style with a really shiny wood stock, but I traded that for the new one with a composite stock and am I ever glad I did.

I would get the 10 for geese. I was on a snow goose hunt a few years ago, 4 of us had 3" 12s, one guy had a 3 1/2 " 12. The geese didnt decoy well as usual, they would start to come in then just as they were about in range about to commit they would rise up a little and fly right over our heads. This happend all day long. Anyway, we couldnt drop anything. Next day the land owner hunted with us. He had a Browning gold 10, and was able to bag quite a few. Now I use an m-1 for ducks and pheasants, and a browning gold for geese. Go with the gold!

I have a Browning BPS 10 gauge. I've used it exclusively on both ducks and geese for almost 20 years. I like the knock down power of this gun. I also like the added weight of this gun. I find it gives me a nice smooth swing. The Browning Gold is a nice gun!!

I have a Reminton SP10 and love it! It is a great goose gun. My buddies all shoot 3 1/2 in 12's and like them but when ever they get the chance to shoot mine they are all over it. The killing power is unbelievable. I would highly recomend this gun if you are into geese....